Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 12 Pin Relay Board Wire Identification
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tornik550
I am in the process of rewiring my engine. I am trying to figure out all of my wires. I have been researching and referencing my wiring diagrams however I am not 100% certain about the correct identification of the 12 pin wires on the relay board. When I reference the relay board wiring diagrams, I cannot find the correct legend to identify the wires. I think I have figured it out but I want to ask just to make sure.

Can somebody please help me identify the wires on both of the relay board 12 pin connectors (pictured).

Thank you in advance!
TheCabinetmaker
The one on top of the pic is a 14 pin connector (yeah I know, technicality). The legend for it will be found in the wiring diagram pages.
TheCabinetmaker
Here's a link to pelicans pages. I know there is one here but don't know where. Its also in your haynes manual.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm
detoxcowboy
14 pin conector..

1 - Power in from starter switch
2 - Power/ground for Alternator light
3 -
4 -
5 - From Oil Press Light
6 -
7 - Signal to Tach
8 - Power in from Ignition switch
9 - To Heater Fan Switch
10 - To Main Ground
11 - Power out to Heater Fan
12 - Power in from Battery
13 - Power out to Fuel Pump
14 - Power in from Battery
Click to view attachment

detoxcowboy
12 pin conector..

This is your ignition harness...

Diagram is for 73-76 2.0

varies slightly on other years mostly the heater fan arrangement.. (click on the pic a couple times to see better)

Click to view attachment
Mike Bellis
Jeff Bowlsby has the answers but his server is down right now. He makes new harnesses. Hopefully he will check in.
tornik550
Thank you to all for your quick responses. Your responses have answered my questions completely. I completely forgot to look at my haynes manual, my 16 month old daughter hid it from me.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(tornik550 @ Feb 21 2010, 04:00 PM) *

Thank you to all for your quick responses. Your responses have answered my questions completely. I completely forgot to look at my haynes manual, my 16 month old daughter hid it from me.

I sold all my manuals and extra parts the first week I got my 914, that freed me to learn by doing.. seriously without the internet I would have nothing..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.