Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ericv1

While reading through Georges' six conversion booklet, he recommends using two 914-6 transmission mounts to use as engine mounts because they're heavier. I have a quick six bar and am going to use the original engine mounting locations on my four. Would a heavier duty 911 sport engine mount function just as well? They're also not as expensive as the 914-6 transmission mounts. Thanks for your help.
jt914-6
I would suggest using the Rich Johnson engine mount..... aktion035.gif

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...0Cover%20%2A%2A
914Sixer
Yes, they will work fine. Use them in the rear also for the trans mounts.
Mark Henry
The quick /6 mount sucks, the Rich Johnson engine mount is way better, but the PMS mount is supposed to be the best.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Feb 22 2010, 05:32 AM) *

While reading through Georges' six conversion booklet, he recommends using two 914-6 transmission mounts to use as engine mounts because they're heavier. I have a quick six bar and am going to use the original engine mounting locations on my four. Would a heavier duty 911 sport engine mount function just as well? They're also not as expensive as the 914-6 transmission mounts. Thanks for your help.

the 911 sport mounts are now the way to go and the bulkhead mount Rich makes is great. The quick six as I say is not the way to go but is very easy to install.
Ericv1
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 22 2010, 09:41 AM) *

QUOTE(Ericv1 @ Feb 22 2010, 05:32 AM) *

the 911 sport mounts are now the way to go and the bulkhead mount Rich makes is great. The quick six as I say is not the way to go but is very easy to install.

My intention is to put the Rich Johnson mount on the car. But, that's a next year project when my welding skills improve. Thanks for the information.
turboman808
Can anyone post pictures of what you are talking about. I somehow bet I have the one you are not recommending. I swear I can feel the drivetrain move forwards and back sometimes.
McMark
If you didn't weld and it uses the stock four cylinder mounts, it's a quick six bar. If you welded it to the firewall, it's a good mount, regardless of who made it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.