Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMFG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WRX914
Just got my car back from the Porsche dealer (did my 901 rebuild).

Holy crap! The new 2.5 short block dressed with the 2.0 heads, turbo and fuel system is about 80% tuned and it flat out gets it done! OMG the acceleration is unbelievable, feels like warp drive! I am looking into swapping the 2.0 turbo with the stock 2.5 turbo, but honestly I don't know if I need it!!! aktion035.gif

Seriously, I will probably swap it out because more is always more and I can't help myself...

I am also looking into a few self help 12 step clinics for my addiction to speed and g's... Anyone have any suggestions?
sean_v8_914
run in twos
use a spotter
make sure your brakes are tip top.
use a good facial moisturizer so the perma-grim wont leave lines
breath
WRX914
I need a sponsor

Got the brakes taken care of (911 front and 914-6 rear) w/ stainless brake lines.

I am knocking at the door of 41 so the facial moisturizer won't do much good...oh to be in my 20's again!
budman5201
hey...sounds great! I have the JDM 2.0 turbo in my car....can you give me the specs on your new engine? boost levels? with what gas octane?

why the 2.0 heads with the 2.5 block? just curious.....should i get the 2.5 block for more power?

i have a td05 turbo which i think is stock for 2.5 turbo. it screams, but i run a different boost curve when i add 110 octane to my tank. 18 lbs boost, but only 12 lbs on 91 octane to be safe..

whats your....omfg seat of the pants specs? and how much boost do ya have going on when your hitting it like that?

Ferg
aktion035.gif next time I'm in town, I'm hitting you up for a ride!
effutuo101
This thread is worthless with out pictues...or a video.. smile.gif Glad to hear about the 2.5. inquiring minds want to know.
orange914
QUOTE(budman5201 @ Feb 22 2010, 12:49 PM) *

why the 2.0 heads with the 2.5 block? just curious.....should i get the 2.5 block for more power?

i

aren't the 2.0's higher compression?
tbox56
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Feb 22 2010, 09:50 AM) *

Holy crap! The new 2.5 short block dressed with the 2.0 heads, turbo and fuel system is about 80% tuned and it flat out gets it done! OMG the acceleration is unbelievable, feels like warp drive! I am looking into swapping the 2.0 turbo with the stock 2.5 turbo, but honestly I don't know if I need it!!! aktion035.gif

Seriously, I will probably swap it out because more is always more and I can't help myself...

I agree 100%. This last summer i got my conversion up and running with a stock 2.5l with stock engine management, and got it out on the track once before everything shut down for the season. I was running in a group with a slightly modified 04 mini and a couple miatas, and i was able to walk all over them. It was amazing!!! this is the engine the car should have rolled off the assembly line with.

Now all i need is a cable shifted six speed biggrin.gif
oldschool
mad.gif I'm so jealous, it most be a blast to drive. driving.gif
WRX914
QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:47 PM) *

i

Yes they are thus the need for a special metal gasket set from Cometic...

Otherwise you would need to have to run high octane fuel (racegas)
WRX914

hey...sounds great! I have the JDM 2.0 turbo in my car....can you give me the specs on your new engine? boost levels? with what gas octane?

i have a td05 turbo which i think is stock for 2.5 turbo. it screams, but i run a different boost curve when i add 110 octane to my tank. 18 lbs boost, but only 12 lbs on 91 octane to be safe..

whats your....omfg seat of the pants specs? and how much boost do ya have going on when your hitting it like that?

I got the 2.5 cause I blew the headgaskets on the 2.0 and figured for $1850 I could have a 2.5 delivered longblock brand new from Suby so I said why not?

I will be running strictly 91 octane

I don't know the specs as of yet. I am supposed to be on the dyno either tomorrow or Friday to get the real numbers which I will be happy to share here. But I can tell you that I am waaaaay under turbo'ed. But the difference between the 2.5 and the 2.0 shortblock is simply amazing...

I am looking into buying a very gently used td05 and 2.5 injectors + new tune ~$1k = ~+200hp
McMark
But will the bigger turbo move the boost into higher RPM range, and kill some of your fantastic acceleration?

But I'm biased. I want my torque down low. I can't stand the 3500 RPM takeoff. I'll take my power at 2000 RPM and give up above 6000. cool.gif
WRX914
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 24 2010, 04:44 PM) *

But will the bigger turbo move the boost into higher RPM range, and kill some of your fantastic acceleration?

But I'm biased. I want my torque down low. I can't stand the 3500 RPM takeoff. I'll take my power at 2000 RPM and give up above 6000. cool.gif

Torque is not an issue... Can easily start off of the line in 3rd. You really need to go for a ride sometime. With the 2.0 in order to get a great drift going through a given sidestreet, you needed to be in second. Now you better watch your throttle position going through the exact same corner while in 3rd otherwise you will end up exiting the corner ass-forwards!!!
WRX914
This engine is truely the hot ticket in this chassis. I just wish I put the 2.5 in from the beginning. Before I ran side-by-side with the typical six conversion (maybe pulling on them ever so slightly). Now there is no chance in hell a "typical" 914-6 will hang with this new engine. I am VERY much looking forward to playing sleeper with some built 993 and 996 turbo's as I am positive I will give them a run.
Crazyhippy
I told you... dont go w/ the factory STI turbo, they are still to small... Turbochargers.com 16G rocks

And the porsches are fun, the Ferrari guys get pissed though... teehee
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Feb 24 2010, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:47 PM) *

i

Yes they are thus the need for a special metal gasket set from Cometic...

Otherwise you would need to have to run high octane fuel (racegas)

bah, just turn the boost down on the swill from the pump, and have a 2nd map for play time happy11.gif
budman5201
QUOTE(WRX914 @ Feb 24 2010, 05:23 PM) *

I am looking into buying a very gently used td05 and 2.5 injectors + new tune ~$1k = ~+200hp

I have the td05 with stock 2.0 Injectors, at 19 lbs boost with good AFR numbers my injectors are 95% duty cycle. Any other mods, ex. new block, I have to get larger injectors. I would go a little higher than stock 2.5 injectors if your fuel map is programmable just to make sure your not that close to the max duty cycle.
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(budman5201 @ Feb 25 2010, 04:28 PM) *

QUOTE(WRX914 @ Feb 24 2010, 05:23 PM) *

I have the td05 with stock 2.0 Injectors, at 19 lbs boost with good AFR numbers my injectors are 95% duty cycle. Any other mods, ex. new block, I have to get larger injectors. I would go a little higher than stock 2.5 injectors if your fuel map is programmable just to make sure your not that close to the max duty cycle.

You can mod the stockers to flow huge #'s roughly 800cc/min or double the factory #'s

Search modded stock injectors on Nasioc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.