Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Harbor frt ...super deals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
Latest issue of Automobile has coupns for hot deals on a bunch of stuff ...i.e. Racing jack 59.99 plus a 20% off ...
underthetire
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 22 2010, 09:04 AM) *

Latest issue of Automobile has coupns for hot deals on a bunch of stuff ...i.e. Racing jack 59.99 plus a 20% off ...

DO NOT BUY THE ALUMINUM JACKS!!!!!!!!!

We had a "better" quality one in our fleet services bought from a reputable vendor. The thing broke in half lifting the back of a toyota almost injuring the mechanic. I'll take the steel ones any day in my garage.
zymurgist
yikes.gif
sixaddict
And great Chinese quality as well. Thanks for the input I am happy to leard from the errors of my bretheren beer.gif

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Feb 22 2010, 10:04 AM) *

yikes.gif

jcd914
I have had my HF Aluminum floor jack since 2003 and use it fairly often for light cars. It will never injure me if it breaks while lifting since I won't be under it. The closest I'll be is sliding a jack stand underneath. Mostly used for 914 & Honda but have used it for my A6 (1 corner at a time). It is rated for 3000 lbs, so half a 914 should be OK.

I consider it for light duty and as with all lifting devices I stay out from underneath until jack stands are supporting the vehicle. I would not choose one of these for a shop where it would be in constant use but for home I am OK with it.

Jim

underthetire
QUOTE(jcd914 @ Feb 22 2010, 11:40 AM) *

I have had my HF Aluminum floor jack since 2003 and use it fairly often for light cars. It will never injure me if it breaks while lifting since I won't be under it. The closest I'll be is sliding a jack stand underneath. Mostly used for 914 & Honda but have used it for my A6 (1 corner at a time). It is rated for 3000 lbs, so half a 914 should be OK.

I consider it for light duty and as with all lifting devices I stay out from underneath until jack stands are supporting the vehicle. I would not choose one of these for a shop where it would be in constant use but for home I am OK with it.

Jim

He wasn't under it either. And it was a Corolla. I'm glad yours has been ok. I'd hate to see anyone get hurt with one if I knew about it and said nothing. As we all know, not all aluminum is created equal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.