Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV spacers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
tat2dphreak
on the rear outer CVs(were mounted before we started) I just thought of something(well, at 7am I thought of it, but I just got out of bed)... they need to check and make sure the outer ones have the bolt spacers... Dr. Evil put the 4 spacers on the transmission CVs, but we didn't check the outside ones, since they were already mounted.

if they are left off, the bolt will rub the trailing arm and eventually lock up.

this woke me up at 7am... smile.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 22 2010, 12:00 PM) *

on the rear outer CVs(were mounted before we started) I just thought of something(well, at 7am I thought of it, but I just got out of bed)... they need to check and make sure the outer ones have the bolt spacers... Dr. Evil put the 4 spacers on the transmission CVs, but we didn't check the outside ones, since they were already mounted.

if they are left off, the bolt will rub the trailing arm and eventually lock up.

this woke me up at 7am... smile.gif

I have never used spacers behind the CV's on either end of the axles. What am I missing here?
tat2dphreak
there's the little quarter-moon shaped spacers 2 per CV, that space 2 bolts each.... if you don't have them on the tranny side, it's not a huge deal because the tranny flanges do not allow the bolt to go all the way through...

if you don't use them on the spindle end of the axle, the bolts go through the spindle and rub the trailing arm.
EdwardBlume
PM Ed... see if you can find someone that may have inspected that area...

and THANKS AGAIN!
tat2dphreak
clay mentioned that Mike might be going back over there soon, so I PM'd Mike instead.
rick 918-S
Is this like snipe hunting? idea.gif I feel like the guy holding the sack. confused24.gif Got a photo? I've never seen one.

OH! never mind.... I know what your talking about. duh!
tat2dphreak
I left them out on my car and when I tightened the spindle properly they rubbed, so lesson learned smile.gif
ejm

not something I would be too worried about ....if the bolt should make contact it will either lock right away or quickly clearance itself by rubbing

There are several things that need to be looked over... I'm putting a list together
tat2dphreak
There are several things that need to be looked over... I'm putting a list together

awesome, Ed! thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.