Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low cost tires
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
I bought some 205/50/16's a while back for the 914. I paid 200 for all 4 new. Diamondback tires-made in China. This company makes them for goodyear among others. I have put a few miles on them now and really like them. I'm not saying great race/autocross tires, cause I don't do that sort of stuff. He does sell the high end stuff for less than Tirerack usually. They stick well, look as good as any tire, and would recommend them. I just got a price for my neighbor for a 195/60/15, 180 bucks for 4. He's out of Modesto and delivers once a week around the bay area, you just meet him at a central location. Here is his contact info:

You can reach me on either one of my cell phones 510-755-1793 or 209-404-8528 my name is Mike. thank you.
Become a fan of Swier Tire on Facebook http://*www.*facebook.com/pages/Swier-Tire-Wholesale-and-Retail/270806358606?v=wall&ref=mf
orange914
is that w/ tax? got pictures?
BigD9146gt
communist adapted serving capitalist whores... awesome, they kill their own countrymen to save you $$$. don't EVER forget that. oh, and sleep well.
underthetire
QUOTE(orange914 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:05 PM) *

is that w/ tax? got pictures?

I can take some. Don't have any here.
underthetire
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Feb 22 2010, 08:22 PM) *

communist adapted serving capitalist whores... awesome, they kill their own countrymen to save you $$$. don't EVER forget that. oh, and sleep well.

Wow, bitter much ? Whats the difference between this and Kumho, or Falkan, or even goodyear? So it's ok to go buy a $1000 dollar set of goodyear race tires made in China? Thats right, same company. All i'm doing is skipping the 4 middlemen. I'm not happy about China, and what they stand for, but why should I buy a US or Japanese NAME to get Chinese tires. It's just stuffing the fat cats wallet.
BigD9146gt
Ya, I thought about that after I wrote it (on my computer... made in china). I agree, there are some things that one cannot avoid, and to not do it cheaper is only stupid to try and avoid when its all coming from there anyway. my real problem is the politicians, tree-huggers, lawyers, and insurance companies that force companies to go to china.

I thought 15" tires were getting harder to find? was that a rumor?

Sorry for the rant. been moody this month.
underthetire
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Feb 23 2010, 08:43 AM) *

Ya, I thought about that after I wrote it (on my computer... made in china). I agree, there are some things that one cannot avoid, and to not do it cheaper is only stupid to try and avoid when its all coming from there anyway. my real problem is the politicians, tree-huggers, lawyers, and insurance companies that force companies to go to china.

Sorry for the rant. been moody this month.

I don't know since I run 16". This guy I spoke with said he had at least 200 in stock of the 195/60/15's.

And it's all good.. beer.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(BigD9146gt @ Feb 23 2010, 08:43 AM) *

W I D E tires in 15x are hard to find. Up to 245, there's plenty. Over 245, not so much.

Try getting a set of 345/35 x 15 these days that aren't 20 years old ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.