Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear 914-4 Calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vysoc

Failure to Launch, finally in progress of figuring out the MPS dilema. Looked real close at rear calipers they are not going to heal themselves. Who is the best source for rebuliding/cleaning/coating.

Thanks you guys are the best!!

Vysoc headbang.gif
mepstein
You'll hear one name over and over. Eric Shea - PMB. That's who I bought mine from. They look like new (better than new) and the price was very reasonable. Just called him tonight to order Bilstein shocks and struts. He is also very generous with his time and advise.
McMark
PMB PMB PMB PMB PMB PMB PMB PMB
tat2dphreak
You'll hear one name over and over. Eric Shea - PMB. That's who I bought mine from. They look like new (better than new) and the price was very reasonable. Just called him tonight to order Bilstein shocks and struts. He is also very generous with his time and advise.

agree.gif

I have eric's brakes, and pedal cluster, and they are top notch work from a top-notch guy!
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 22 2010, 07:31 PM) *

agree.gif
jonferns
Send them to Eric!
rick 918-S
Did anyone suggest Eric Shea? shades.gif biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
av-943.gif Checks are in the mail guys! lol3.gif
tat2dphreak
your name is synonymous with rebuilt brakes, man. smile.gif
Rod
Nothing more to add, apart from a thanks to Eric for my Calipers - the car brakes properly now smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
PeeGreen 914
I actually wouldn't trust anyone who wears a salmon colored shirt and likes yellow 914s. happy11.gif

Hey Eric, thanks for the nice brakes BTW. They work great and look beautiful. Last AX season kicked butt with them beerchug.gif

Cap'n Krusty
How much does it cost to mail a Czech? Is there a flat rate deal?

The Cap'n
Eric_Shea
$43.45 or a case of Pils beer.gif
markb
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 22 2010, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 22 2010, 07:31 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Feb 22 2010, 08:10 PM) *

Failure to Launch, finally in progress of figuring out the MPS dilema. Looked real close at rear calipers they are not going to heal themselves. Who is the best source for rebuliding/cleaning/coating.

Thanks you guys are the best!!

Vysoc headbang.gif

I agree that Eric does the nicest and best job.

However for you 914 owners on a budget there is a company NuGeon that sells rebuilt calipers very cheaply (about $70.00 each) exchange.
We like Eric rebuild our own and cannot believe that this company can do it so cheap, but they do evidently. http://nugeon.com/products.aspx
RJMII
I wouldn't trust the cheap ones... IMHO.

That's just not something I'd want to have to send in under warranty for a failure.

edit: (add another 'i agree' to the Eric list. )
morph
It has been said,but ill say it too
eric shea @ pmb.
the best

james
underthetire
Eric piratenanner.gif

If you decide to try it yourself, buy the parts from eric, but you better have a lot of patience.

When you give up trying do do it yourself- send them to eric.

When you break something trying to do it yourself-send them to eric.

agentblr
Wait...what was his name Eric what ?? biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
pep boys show the rebuilt on their catalog, too, but I wouldn't trust them for shit. brakes are the ONLY safety feature on the car... that makes them worth every penny from Eric, to know they are CORRECT
Eric_Shea
for you 914 owners on a budget there is a company NuGeon that sells rebuilt calipers very cheaply (about $70.00 each) exchange

I believe the thread title asked about "rear" calipers. NuGeon rear calipers list out $60.42 "higher" than ours and, they're core values are $80.00 higher than ours:

Part Number Description Axle Side Notes Suggested List Price Core Value
22-03101L Semi-loaded Reman Caliper Rear Left 154.71 90.00
22-03101R Semi-loaded Reman Caliper Rear Right 154.71 90.00

When others have tried to get them, they state they're not in stock. I had a 924S customer that sent his in to them and got the wrong calipers back! They then stated "we can't find yours". He's still looking for calipers (got a call from him this AM actually).

I can buy the crappy NuGeon front calipers for $35.00 all day long from my supplier but I don't and I won't. Bad Karma and bad advice, even for CSOB's in my book. I prefer to double my money other ways.

We love what we do... and it shows:
IPB Image
underthetire
Man, I don't know-they will powder coat right over my rust in any color I want! poke.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.