Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unkown Engine Part on my 1973 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LotusJoe
WTF.gif is this? I can't find any reference in my literature on what this part is.
1973 2.0

Click to view attachment

Thanks
76-914
blink.gif A Turboencabulator? av-943.gif
silver74insocal
oh thats your flux capacitor biggrin.gif
silver74insocal
haha jk. are you sure thats a 73 engine? have you checked your engine # against the database?
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Feb 22 2010, 08:37 PM) *

oh thats your flux capacitor biggrin.gif

1.21 Gigawatts! lol-2.gif
LotusJoe
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Feb 22 2010, 08:39 PM) *

haha jk. are you sure thats a 73 engine? have you checked your engine # against the database?

Yes, It's a stock 1973 2.0. It has a barb for a wire terminal and looks like two small air ports that have been capped off????
silver74insocal
does any part of it goto your engine or car other then the wires?
LotusJoe
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Feb 22 2010, 08:53 PM) *

does any part of it goto your engine or car other then the wires?

No, Nothing connects to it. There are two small ports??? with rubber caps. I have no extra wires laying around the engine compartment. I can't find anything in either the hose diagrams or the wiring diagrams that might help identify what the heck it is.
detoxcowboy
looks like some kind of air valve, you should already have a aux. air valvle hooked up on the otherside, 2 ports with a wire coming form it? either way it is not stock and follow the wire from it and at least let us know what is was connected too. then pull it out does not belong in a stock 73.. looks like it is grounded still and has another tab with nothing on it and the ports were sealed too, ditch it.,,
LotusJoe
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Feb 22 2010, 09:07 PM) *

looks like some kind of air valve, you should already have a aux. air valvle hooked up on the otherside, 2 ports with a wire coming form it? either way it is not stock and follow the wire from it and at least let us know what is was connected too. then pull it out does not belong in a stock 73.. looks like it is grounded still and has another tab with nothing on it and the ports were sealed too, ditch it.,,

There was no wire connected to it. No hoses, nothing. You're right, all that is connected is a ground wire. So I can't trace any wires. I think I'll take your suggestion and remove it.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Feb 22 2010, 09:25 PM) *

WTF.gif is this? I can't find any reference in my literature on what this part is.
1973 2.0

Click to view attachment

Thanks

It is a valve to cut off the vacuum retard when the air conditioning is turned on so that the idle will not drop
LotusJoe

That makes perfect sense. This car did have air conditioning.
Thanks George! aktion035.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 23 2010, 08:50 AM) *

QUOTE(LotusJoe @ Feb 22 2010, 09:25 PM) *

1973 2.0

Click to view attachment

Thanks

It is a valve to cut off the vacuum retard when the air conditioning is turned on so that the idle will not drop

Brilliant! Yet some people still feel the need to slam him because they order a wrong part of something. WTF.gif
oz371
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 22 2010, 08:34 PM) *

blink.gif A Turboencabulator? av-943.gif

It holds your turn signal fluid. lol-2.gif
bandjoey
When it runs low on fluid, use your sonic screwdriver to open the refill cap beer.gif and refill with your local brew. Makes the motor run realllllllly fine. And the AC runs cold. lol-2.gif
Steve
I believe George, but I wouldn't mess with it. It could be a weapon of mass destruction!! ar15.gif
pbanders
Interesting. That must jack up the idle quite a bit, even with the A/C load!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.