Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dads Car Came Home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
EdwardBlume
Check out the ride height between the racer and the stocker....

This is going to cut deep, the more I work on this thing, the more I want to make it "perfect" ..... naw, just kidding, 914s are meant to be driven!
EdwardBlume
914 Art...
rick 918-S
Jeeeze! drooley.gif I'll be over in March to see it! drooley.gif
EdwardBlume
See it? You mean work on it? slap.gif

You can see the sights too.... (from Coit Tower in SF and Lombard St)
rick 918-S
Work on it? Hell ya! I'll have my son with too!
oldschool
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 22 2010, 10:19 PM) *

Rick,so.....stop by my place and help me 2 shades.gif piratenanner.gif
KELTY360
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 22 2010, 10:19 PM) *

Quote # 10,000 and there wasn't even a marching band. You da man Rick aktion035.gif

Edit: Never mind. The Real 10K Post
EdwardBlume
Progress progress..
EdwardBlume
Getting the buckets in..
EdwardBlume
This is how it should look..
EdwardBlume
How hard can this be?
EdwardBlume
It was tough enough...
EdwardBlume
Moving to the interior... 2 years out it got a little weathered, but the steering wheel should still feel good after some work...
EdwardBlume
Clean the carpets... yes that's doggy shampoo... leaves a nice shine plus conditions..
EdwardBlume
Ended up soaking the carpets in OxiClean for 2 days with 4 washes... came out... crappy.. will need new carpet soon...
EdwardBlume
Working on the engine bay...

EdwardBlume
Engine lid pull cable was rusted and broke... the tube is shot, and may have been a "tech tip" ground as it was fused to the tube... free the rusted cable took a chunk of the tube off... bummer...
grantsfo
You know whats funny? That race car was nicer than that stocker 6 years ago..
EdwardBlume
Next is how to install the stainless fuel lines.. do I really need to jack the car up off the pass side to feed the tube in?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(grantsfo @ Apr 4 2010, 07:51 PM) *

You know whats funny? That race car was nicer than that stocker 6 years ago..

It shows.. I've actually taken some parts off of it... like the window squeezgies on the doors to use on my car...
rick 918-S
Nice work Rob. Wished I had time to visit when we were soooo close! Keep up the good work! And change that carpet shades.gif biggrin.gif
DanT
looking very nice Rob.

I plan on putting new carpet in my '75 once I get it back from the body shop...
whenever that will be. sad.gif

time to call Morph... biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Its amazing what 30+ years of gas fumes, oil and coffee stains do to the OEM carpet. I would LOVE a plush black carpet kit like the stuff used in my old 993.. you know that really soft stuff....

EdwardBlume
The "OEM" antenna doesn't sit right... am I missing a part? I'm thinking of just adding a rubber and metal washer and trying to get it to sit down...

rick 918-S

There should be a contoured spacer under the fender to align it.
DanT
Rob you are missing a rubber grommet that sits between the fender and this eccentric piece in the pictures...
the eccentric piece allows the antennae to sit on a surface that is not level and let you get that antennae straight up and down. the nut then tightens down onto the eccentric piece.

hope these help.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Apr 4 2010, 10:41 PM) *

How hard can this be?

Not all that tough if you have a ninja trunk monkey!
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(DanT @ Apr 4 2010, 09:22 PM) *

Rob you are missing a rubber grommet that sits between the fender and this eccentric piece in the pictures...
the eccentric piece allows the antennae to sit on a surface that is not level and let you get that antennae straight up and down. the nut then tightens down onto the eccentric piece.

hope these help.

Thanks Dan! these help a lot.... now if only I can remember if I lost it in 1988 or 2008?
brant
nice work Rob!

Al Meredith
Nice work, I love the color....check out my avatar.
EdwardBlume
I forgot to post picts of the doors... these took me awhile, but thanks to Mikey they look pretty good... and should work now....

EdwardBlume
Out for some sun today... yep, that's the engine installed...

EdwardBlume
Rust treated and BBQ painted.... it came out flat black instead of shiny black, but then again its a factory stock and weathered muffler...

EdwardBlume
Can the steel tip be polished? How?
914Sixer
You can try polishing it out with a coarse and then a fine wire wheel. Then try some polishing compounds on a buffing wheel. Going from coarse to fine.
DanT
looking good Rob.
Yes that tip can be polished, but it will take some time and elbow grease biggrin.gif
McMark
Looking great! thumb3d.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 8 2010, 07:03 AM) *

Can the steel tip be polished? How?

Nice. And you can use a scotch brite disk on a die grinder to get it close for final polish. H/F sells them super cheap with different grits. I probably have one if you need it. If it's a steel tip won't stay polished long, stainless on the other hand is very nice.
Drums66
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 22 2010, 10:34 PM) *

..... naw, just kidding, 914s are meant to be driven!

Rob...Rob...you're cured!!!....it's a miracle.. LOL
laugh.gif

P.S. that's a cool color(I had 1 in the past)
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Jun 8 2010, 12:01 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 22 2010, 10:34 PM) *

..... naw, just kidding, 914s are meant to be driven!

Rob...Rob...you're cured!!!....it's a miracle.. LOL
laugh.gif

P.S. that's a cool color(I had 1 in the past)

Close to cured. I still need to connect the clutch, install the center console, connect the half shafts, install the vacuum lines, gas tank, battery, and engine lid....then there's the brakes, suspension.. it goes on and on...

Getting close for sure...
EdwardBlume
Polished the exhaust tip and got the muffler installed. Also finished connecting the vacuum lines...
krazykonrad
That is one nice looking ride!

Konrad
Mike Bellis
Rob,
You driving that thing yet? The weather is great! Time to drive driving.gif
EdwardBlume
foam padding and the gas tank installed...

Shout out to McMark for sealing the gas tank... very nice work! aktion035.gif
DanT
flag.gif

and I haven't forgotten about the antenna part....I promise to get it out to you sad.gif
tod914
Looking super Rob. Love the color.
EdwardBlume
Got some work done today... installed the top dash, lower dash, painted the wiper arms, and installed (but didn't connect) the battery...

Also trying to reupholster the rear targa pad, but may need to buy one.... idea.gif
Lennies914
Looking great Rob. "Dad's car" is turning out awsome. Looking forward to seeing it and meeting you in person.
Are you working on it tommorrow?
I got a little busy after WCR, but haven't forgot about the RV repairs.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Lennies914 @ Jul 17 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Looking great Rob. "Dad's car" is turning out awsome. Looking forward to seeing it and meeting you in person.
Are you working on it tommorrow?
I got a little busy after WCR, but haven't forgot about the RV repairs.

I should be around.... what are you up to?
EdwardBlume
Its picture day.... celebrating near external completion...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.