Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smoking six...pissed me off today!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
I need to vent for a minute to a group who will sympathize with my frustration from today. I always keep my car in my garage but today I backed it out to do some work in my garage. Someone, probably neighborhood pranksters/vandals, tossed a lit smoke bomb into my car and burnt a f@#$ing hole in my seat and now my car smells like the 4th of July. The top was on, the doors were locked but the window was short about 1 1/2" from being fully closed. I am so pissed off as I discovered the damage as I was cleaning up tonight. It took me a while to find a clean original seat bottom for my car and now it ruined.

On the bright side it did not catch my car on fire and burn it to a crisp.

I just don't get the lack of respect for peoples personal property.
EdwardBlume
What color bottom?
silver74insocal
that sux!!! just think though, karma. these idiots will get paid back when something they love is randomly destroyed and they will think why me?!! or you could hunt them down and deliver it personally and spend some time at an institution, its your call beerchug.gif
montoya 73 2.0
That is one of the main reasons why I moved from San Jose to Atascadero (Next to San Luis Obipo) and then eventually up here. Those Fuchin' inconsiderate bastards! I don't miss that crap at all.

Sorry to hear that you got screwed but as you said, it could have been worse.
Michael N
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 22 2010, 09:39 PM) *

What color bottom?

Black. It also burnt the seat as it rolled right to the edge where the seat cushion meets the side bolster. The bottom was in good shape but the seat needed to be redone. This may be a good excuse to get it done before WCR.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Michael N @ Feb 22 2010, 09:47 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 22 2010, 09:39 PM) *

What color bottom?

Black. It also burnt the seat as it rolled right to the edge where the seat cushion meets the side bolster. The bottom was in good shape but the seat needs to be redone. This may be a good excuse to get it done before WCR.

I have an extra original black bottom that will get you by.... from a '74. I also have 2 perfect ones I picked up from the last swap... but I don't want to bum you out and sell you one....

I'm in Pleasanton if you're up this way...
jd74914
It sounds like a perfect time to file a report with the police if you haven't done so already. I know it sounds dumb since nothing will happen to change the situation, but it will start, or add to, a paper trail in case this sort of thing has happened to others locally.

I can empathize with you; we had an older truck that some guys poured sand into the gas tank. In our case, those guys did some other stuff that day and ended up getting arrested.
tornik550
Thats BS. A prankster doing that to any car is bad but especially a classic.
stephenaki
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Feb 23 2010, 05:42 AM) *

It sounds like a perfect time to file a report with the police if you haven't done so already. I know it sounds dumb since nothing will happen to change the situation, but it will start, or add to, a paper trail in case this sort of thing has happened to others locally.

agree.gif

Maybe they'll be able to link the incident and catch the SOBs. ar15.gif
zymurgist
agree.gif

ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.