Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ATL Meet n Greet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thenewwazoo
Hello, all!

Since I'm new to the 914 community and there seem to be a few teener people around, I'm welcoming everyone to meet up at Freeside Atlanta this Saturday Feb 27 between 12-4 PM. I've got a few other Porsche people interested, so feel free to pass the invite along. I'll be there in my basketcase '74 (affectionately named "f*cking yellow").

We've got an auto workspace area around the back, so if it's also a great opportunity to collaborate with other enthusiasts - we can toss cars up in the air and see what's up!

Info and Directions

Once the date gets closer, I'll post the gate code. Feel free to RSVP here, via PM, via email, or not at all! smile.gif
thenewwazoo
Oh, two more things:

If anyone wants to bring burgers, dogs, etc, please feel free - we've got a grill!

Also, I encourage anyone who wants to organize a group ride/drive afterwards to do so! The party doesn't have to stop at 4! smile.gif
SirAndy
thumb3d.gif

A little too far for me ...
biggrin.gif Andy
d914
I dont have a truck big enough to bring my basket case!!! Depending on weather I might be there.. If its real nice I have a date and i dont get them all that often!!!!! smile.gif If bad I'll bring the date....no wonder I dont have them often!! Mine is F@#^King black.....welcome aboard..
thenewwazoo
QUOTE(d914 @ Feb 23 2010, 03:15 PM) *

I dont have a truck big enough to bring my basket case!!! Depending on weather I might be there.. If its real nice I have a date and i dont get them all that often!!!!! smile.gif If bad I'll bring the date....no wonder I dont have them often!! Mine is F@#^King black.....welcome aboard..

Don't tell Jake, but I'm especially interested in suby conversions... smile.gif
Jake Raby
QUOTE(thenewwazoo @ Feb 23 2010, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(d914 @ Feb 23 2010, 03:15 PM) *

Jake doesn't give a damn.. Its your car, bastardize it however you want! sawzall-smiley.gif
1968Cayman
QUOTE(thenewwazoo @ Feb 23 2010, 06:38 PM) *

Just picked up a Subie '22 at PAP N Atl today (and they have a Subie 6 that I have my eye on, too). It's going in my '71; this should be the straw that really ticks some proper folks off considering I'm putting a WC 3.4L (m96) in my '68 911.
obscurity
I'll definitely be there! Come on lets hear from some of the usual Atlanta Suspects! biggrin.gif

John
blitZ
I'll try and make it.
904svo
Will try to make it also.
ME733
murray will be there....How about finding a local restaurant with a meeting room , so we could have lunch (at a specified time) to save the hassle of cooking out/bad hot dogs/not enough hot dogs/..you know the food and beverage hassle...I.M.O.
BIGKAT_83
I'll try to be there. Got 3 watercooled 914's.
Working in Texas now hope to be home by Saturday.
I've been picking the parts off of that 6cyl subaru at the pick and pull on Buford hwy for a month now.

Bob
KELTY360
QUOTE(ME733 @ Feb 24 2010, 09:34 AM) *

....How about finding a local restaurant with a meeting room , so we could have lunch (at a specified time) to save the hassle of cooking out/bad hot dogs/not enough hot dogs/..you know the food and beverage hassle...I.M.O.

bs.gif

popcorn[1].gif
Al Meredith
I'll plan to be there ....were ever there is? Al Include a map so I can forward the invite
D1A3
Sounds fun. Anyone want to meet up, here around Roswell, and caravan down?
thenewwazoo
Wow, it's great that there are so many interested parties! Again, do feel free to pass the invite along to anyone you think might be interested. Freeside is an open space for collaboration - we encourage everyone to come, and this includes "socials" smile.gif

The gate code is 2323*. Once you get in, the easiest way to find us is to make an immediate 180-degree turn to drive past the main office. Go all the way down, and make a left. Look for the Freeside sign on the right with the bright yellow '74 parked out front. Find a spot (not in front of a door, please) and come on in.

I do encourage everyone to make a day of it - meet up, bring food, plan to eat together later, etc. Due to other commitments, I won't be able to do so myself, but anyone else is welcome to take charge!
MiddleGACruiser
Hey Al, thanks for the PM. Jefferson has Little League try-outs this Saturday. It's the Challenger League and should be very entertaining.smilie_pokal.gif We'll have to pass this time, but please include us in the next gathering and we'll try to make it.
Jeff
obscurity
For those who are planning to attend please check the first post for directions to the complex and direction within the complex. The gate code for this month should be 2323* but most of the time you can just follow someone in. Hope to see you all there.

Never mind I didn't read the post above throughly enough

John
Two914s
I am really going to try to be there, and have called some others as well.

--sterling 914 with 32valves!

www.gatechautoshow.com on April 3, 2010
sharper
Hmmm, might have to show up.
Al Meredith
Jason and I will be caravaning from Roswell about 11:30 Saturday morning. Call me if you want to join in. Al 770-616-3767
Two914s
Hello everyone in Atlanta, I tried really hard to get there on Saturday but didnt actually make it until 3:30pm or so. Most everyone was already gone, but it was great to get a tour of "freeside" from John. --sterling
904svo
QUOTE(Two914s @ Mar 1 2010, 06:57 AM) *

Hello everyone in Atlanta, I tried really hard to get there on Saturday but didnt actually make it until 3:30pm or so. Most everyone was already gone, but it was great to get a tour of "freeside" from John. --sterling

You missed my Megasquirt setup, and why I don't use a VR sensor.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.