Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silly Valley visit... March 8-12
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhadler
Hey all you SF bay area types. I'm gonna be working in San Jose for the week of March 8, and thought it would be nice to get together with a bunch of fellow 'teener geeks over a brew and a meal while I'm there.

Perhaps Tied House in Mountain View? Mid week?

Anyone?

-Josh2
hydroliftin
I have commitments Wed. & Thurs. but might be able to make it some other evening.
jhadler
icon_bump.gif

-Josh2
underthetire
MTN view is way too much of a bitch for me to get to, sorry.
morgan_harwell
OK to dinner.
If you will be working in/near Sunnyvale during the week, I would not mind meeting up for lunch, too. Just send PM.
Dave_Darling
I'm free for... Well, at this point, pretty much anything. Let me know when and where to show up!

--DD
jhadler
Trying to dial in this trip... As it turns out, I am going to be mobility limited next week. Because I'm staying at the same hotel that the conference is at (for an entire week), I'm not entitled to a rental car. Cr*p.

Sooooo. I might be asking to bum a ride.

I'll be at the Doubletree in San Jose (across the 101 from SJC). Days are full, but I have a couple evenings still available (Wed & Fri).

-Josh2
underthetire
Welcome to the rain dry.gif
jhadler
Okay, as much of a state of flux my travel plans have been subjected to, I think it's approaching equilibrium.

I think Wednesday is still a good day, but Monday is also open if more people would prefer that night.

I have a huge favor to ask for anyone in the San Jose area. I had plans to meet someone Tuesday evening (the 9th) in Menlo Park, but no means to get there from San Jose now. Anyone have a backup car or the like that I could borrow for the evening or day? I'll buy you dinner at the Tied House (or wherever we manage to congregate). A $100 round trip cab fare is outside of reason for me. I know it's a lot to ask, and I will by no means feel insulted if no one offers, but I had to ask.

Thanks all! I hope to see a few of you next week.

-Josh2
jhadler
Alright. Due to circumstances, dinner's gonna need to be Monday. Is this a deal-breaker for y'all?

Dinner. Monday. Tied House. Mtn. View. 6 pm.

Who's in?

-Josh2
jhadler
icon_bump.gif

I'm hoping that the deafening silence on this thread means everyone was simply out driving today. My work schedule kinda dictated a decision on Monday. Would really like to get together with some bay area folks. Anyone?

-Josh2
Dave_Darling
You know I'm in. smile.gif

I'm hoping to talk Lisa into coming along too.

--DD
morgan_harwell
I'll be at Tide House Monday at 6pm.

Josh, if you have not scored a ride to the resturant yet, contact me before 5pm and I will go get you. The Double Tree is just a few miles from my work-place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.