Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Midwest events
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wayne1234
I'm in Central Indiana... now that the 914 is very near completion... lol-2.gif well almost ... What is going on for midwest events???
GaroldShaffer
Wife & I will be hosting our 4th annual 914 BBQ in August again this year. This year it will be back at our house since I may be losing my shop space. sad.gif

We had a great turn out in the past years. If you are ever up at the North end of I65 look me up. Always willing to spend time with fellow 914 nuts. beerchug.gif
GeorgeRud
Be sure to keep us midwesterners informed! For those of you in the PCA, the Parade is also in St. Charles, IL (about 45 minutes west of Chicago) this year around the 4th of July.

Once the snow melts, it's 914 time again, and the event last year was a great get-together! Many Kudos to Garold for putting this on! Now, if we can only plan for a sunny day..................

Also, the PCA does have an event in Oxford, Ohio (home of Miami of Ohio) in early August that looks like a lot of fun as well.
wayne1234
I'm not a PCA member, maybe I should join.. It would be nice to hang out with some other loose screws... guess I always thought the PCA was about track days, and I'm just not into that.... Lets try to keep a list of things going on in the midwest.
GeorgeRud
Try to find and attend a local PCA event to see if you like it. Some regions are very friendly and have great events, others may not be to your liking.

The Chicago Region had a tech session last year, and you'd be surprized how many people walked right by a new 997 to take a look at a friend's 914! It seems that a club that was rather hostile to the 914s in the early 70s are now embracing them. I haven't been to a Central Indiana region meet, so I can't really tell you how they are. Check out PCA.org to get more information.
rick 918-S
I never had a good vibe from the PCA around here. I attended an event last year. Kelly's car took second to a new Boxster. The judges nicked him for not cleaning off the backs of his wheels. jerkit.gif 914 and the PCA seem like a weird mix. But hey, that's just my experience.

I've been thinkin we need to host a mid-west event in 2012. Bigger than any event held here yet. 914 swarming in from all directions to take over the center of the country. idea.gif
lotus_65
i agree, rick. i've always thought elkhart lake would be a perfect spot (& i have a contact there). or maybe we could work something out with mid-america motorplex in iowa...
lotus_65
i agree, rick. i've always thought elkhart lake would be a perfect spot (& i have a contact there). or maybe we could work something out with mid-america motorplex in iowa... though i can't exactly tell what he status of that track is.
qa1142
Well, "THE" Porsche Parade is in St Charles this year. Not a "914" crowd agree.gif but I hang with them at times (autoX where I can beat them) piratenanner.gif .

Normally never near enough for me to attend, I am here in Chicago area and put in for vacation this year.

July 3rd through July 9th

http://parade2010.pca.org/

2 days of AutoX
Couple of driving tours - one to road America
Drivers Education day at Autobaun
Concours d’Elegance - true world class one - one of a kind Porsches
5 banquets, wine tasting, beer tasting.... beerchug.gif

You get the idea, lets' crash this party welcome.png

Hotel is biggest cost rest is not too bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.