Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Lightweight parts and seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jpnovak
I am building a Subaru powered 75 for the Grassroots Motorsports $2010 Challenge. her name is Penny and she needs to go on a diet. The drivetrain (yes, including transmission) is mounted in the car. The rear trunk has been relieved of extra weight and cross-braced/tubed. Hey, its going to be a race car.

I have pulled the "OMG those are really heavy" bumpers and need replacements. HMM better yet, I only need a front replacement. Prefer a fiberglass front bumper for narrow body. Does not have to be pretty. It can be cracked and ill-fitting. I can do fiberglass work cheap with respect to the budget.

The rear will run sans bumper for part of my cooling and aerodynamics strategy. Think 908 or 917 rear end.

I need to also cut the rear decklid and front hood. If you have a fiberglass replacement that you would like to see on this car that would be great.

I also need some seats. Anything is better than the ripped and shredded seats that spent 10 years rotting in the TX sun and heat. race seats or something with side bolsters is even better.

This car is on a VERY strict budget. I would appreciate any parts that can be "traded" to keep the overall cost down. There are few precious dollars left for the build.

Please let me know what you have. PM or email works if you don't want to disclose your participation.

TX participants are welcome to save on shipping. A tank of gas might be cheaper than UPS.
camaroz1985
Making more progress I see. Dang I wish I had either a) a heated garage, or b)20 degree warmer temperatures.

I was wondering if we were allowed to cut out the trunk floor. I'm still waiting to get a ruling from GRM. Seems we should be, but they don't specifically allow it in the rules.
jpnovak
Yes, I "had to" cut to clear the turbo, intercooler, clutch linkage and exhaust. smile.gif

Cutting the tub is allowed where required for an engine swap. I am interpreting this rule well. I did not remove all of the trunk. Just a section in front of the transmission cross panel. I even left some of the front firewall section and can still mount the roof in place.
camaroz1985
I understand wink.gif

I might need to do some clearancing as well. I did get an answer from GRM and they said it is a legit reason just to make mounting and servicing easier. To quote Per Schroeder "Yep. too legit to quit"

Didn't mean to take your classified off topic, but hey you get a bump this way. Good luck!
d914
a little fiberglass and wood....some high density foam from a flea market and you have race seats dirt cheap.. we found some foam that they make ear plugs from... perfect..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.