Full Version: Real 1970 914 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72914S
Bad looking 914, Heavy price.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=927079
type47
drooley.gif
carr914
That looks like Quilmes (He doesn't frequent here, he is very loyal to the other board) old car. If it is, it is a Very Nice car. I am about hour & 1/2 away from the seller, if someone serious needs a PPI.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 24 2010, 06:11 AM) *

drooley.gif

agree.gif drooley.gif drooley.gif

carr914
I eMailed the seller and already heard back. Yes, it is Martin's (Quilmes) old car. I have know this car for about 15 years, it is very nice.

Here is a picture that I took at a Tampa Bay Breakfast a couple years back. I have more that I will dig out.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Here are some pictures taken by Martin - some of the coolest pictures of a 914-6 ever taken.

T.C.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
RiqueMar
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 24 2010, 08:54 AM) *

Wow.

When mine grows up, I want it to look like that
turboman808
Dam I hope mine is as nice as that in a few years.
jonferns
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Feb 24 2010, 12:15 PM) *

Dam I hope mine is as nice as that in a few years.

Let's hope that you're at least driving yours in a few years. laugh.gif
carr914
Thomas (the seller of the car) just called me ( got my number from another 914 buddy of mine). He has updated the Samba ad - he has either a 2.4 or a 2.7 motor that he can put in the car if someone doesn't want the 993 motor (especially if it goes back to the fatherland). I think he would also sell it as a roller.

T.C.
tat2dphreak
the car is gorgeous, but unless the Hispanic hottie in the pics comes with it, it's not a 55k 914... 'course I don't think a 55k 914 exists unless it's a real 916 or 914-8

or a real GT racer...
carr914
I think the Hispanic Hottie is Martin's wife. The Oriental girl is Tila Tequila

and Wayne if you want a Real 916 or 914-8 you better put a 5 infront of the 55.

And as a current owner of a Real 6 and former owner of a bunch of others, I would like to see this price be an everyday deal.

The 993 was built by Andial and Thomas told me he can break the wheels loose in 3rd & 4th gear, even after he changed the R&P to an 8:31

T.C.
tat2dphreak
I'm sure, TC, but 55k, or 555k, either would be out of my price range right now smile.gif

the car does look magnificent tho.

would like to see this price be an everyday deal

as someone who loves the cars, I would like to see them get that kind of respect too. but much like the 80k racer we see pop up every few weeks, I don't see it, yet.

if a 55k conversion exists, maybe this would be it smile.gif
pete-stevers
i love the unique photography work...very well done
Drums66
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 25 2010, 08:03 AM) *

the car is gorgeous, but unless the Hispanic hottie in the pics comes with it, it's not a 55k 914... 'course I don't think a 55k 914 exists unless it's a real 916 or 914-8

or a real GT racer...

I heard that!.......(the last part of your sentence) yellowsleep[1].gif

6freak
55k i should at least get the correct rear bumper....it is a cool car though
Drums66
Now that I've really looked at it!....Maybe she should come with it
for that price(first part of your first sentence!)LOL wub.gif

P.S her bumper is good enough!!
carr914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 25 2010, 12:49 PM) *

But this isn't a conversion, this is a Real 914-6 that has been modified.

T.C.
badm
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 25 2010, 12:53 PM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 25 2010, 12:49 PM) *

But this isn't a conversion, this is a Real 914-6 that has been modified.

T.C.

Not so out there!!!!!
If you are going build a very nice 914/6 or a 914 GT, 55K it's not out there at all. The price of the parts alone $$,$$$.$$. Just try to build a GT clone and you will hit 55k so fast your head will spin. Ask T.C., Pete, Eric, how we know. Ben
tat2dphreak
the only thing original 914-6 that's left tho is the VIN, so what's the difference?

if this was a -4 that was converted with the same parts it wouldn't be 55k... the VIN is the only thing "original -6" about it now... and offering to give me a less reliable, less powerful, yet still not "numbers matching" engine isn't a plus... a 2.4 or 2.7 would be period correct for a 911, but not a 914...

imo a 100% pristine all original 914-6 SHOULD be worth more than a highly modified one on the "rarity" scale...
6freak
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 25 2010, 01:39 PM) *

the only thing original 914-6 that's left tho is the VIN, so what's the difference?

if this was a -4 that was converted with the same parts it wouldn't be 55k... the VIN is the only thing "original -6" about it now... and offering to give me a less reliable, less powerful, yet still not "numbers matching" engine isn't a plus... a 2.4 or 2.7 would be period correct for a 911, but not a 914...

imo a 100% pristine all original 914-6 SHOULD be worth more than a highly modified one on the "rarity" scale...

agree.gif beerchug.gif...and on top of that no heater or bug juice
pbanders
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 25 2010, 02:39 PM) *

I agree. At least for me, the real value in an "original" 914-6's is the "originality". There's very little that I'm aware of that makes a 914-6 shell any different from a 914-4. If someone takes an "original" 914-6 and changes nearly every part on it other than the shell, I don't see it as having any more value than taking a 914-4 shell and doing the same thing.
tat2dphreak
I agree. At least for me, the real value in an "original" 914-6's is the "originality". There's very little that I'm aware of that makes a 914-6 shell any different from a 914-4. If someone takes an "original" 914-6 and changes nearly every part on it other than the shell, I don't see it as having any more value than taking a 914-4 shell and doing the same thing.

exactly my point. I'm not a guy hung up on originality, but I understand if I wanted to get a REAL 914-6 that was all original, then that would come with a hefty price tag. but if I wanted a highly modified car(I don't care if it started it's life as a -6 or a -4).... and in many ways it would be "discounted" because it's NOT original.
carr914
Let me explain what I meant by "period correct". If this car were to go back to Germany, there would be a Much higher fee if it has the 993 engine in it. If you put his very nice 2.4 or 2.7, they would be 1970s period correct and the fees to license it would be much lower.

And those that have Real 914-6s (as well as 914s) know that all these cars were treated like crap and a big percentage modified. That is why the survivor numbers are low. George's 916 doesn't have it's Original interior - does that make it not worth it's weight in Gold. Steve's M-471 has been repainted. My car was left to rot - it will be much better than when it left the factory. I don't know why this particular car was modified, but I would be honored to have it in my garage.

The ONLY reason so many 914s are left, is they made so many.

Every week on this forum you can see a posting of a sawzall party, so even we don't see the value in our cars.

"the only thing original 914-6 that's left tho is the VIN, so what's the difference?" I don't agree, there are alot of things on a 914-6 that are not present on a 4.

Look at the yellow 914-6 that we are also discussing. It has been resurrected, but a lot of panels have been replaced. The motor may or may not be up to snuff, it's got the wrong wheels etc. It's worth the $25k, but this car is a monster and for someone who wants a True 914-6 that will flat-out blow almost anything else off the road $55k is a bargain.

T.C.
carr914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 25 2010, 05:52 PM) *

exactly my point. I'm not a guy hung up on originality, but I understand if I wanted to get a REAL 914-6 that was all original, then that would come with a hefty price tag. but if I wanted a highly modified car(I don't care if it started it's life as a -6 or a -4).... and in many ways it would be "discounted" because it's NOT original.

Another counter point to your argument would be ChicagoPete's former car. Started life as a regular 914-6, then under Pete guidence was transformed into a perfect GT Clone that sold for $120k

T.C.

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
what do you want me to say TC? the cars are beautiful, but I'm not telling you anything you don't already know... do you want me to say you are right? my opinion doesn't matter?

I even said the car truly is probably worth 55k, but the fact it used to be an original 6 bears very little into the equation FOR ME. the GT clones are worth every penny too, I'm sure. but to me a conversion car that is given the same detail would be almost just as valuable TO ME... I realize that this is personal for you, and not for me. for me a truly well sorted out, beautiful car is just that, I don't care if the VIN started out rare, if it is no longer a pristine original... I want to drive the cars not stare at them... in fact for me a conversion like this might would be worth MORE than an all original 6, because this car looks made to drive. not just drive off a trailer smile.gif
carr914
Wayne, your opinion does count and I was certainly not getting personal, just offering the other side of the debate.

Cheers Mate beerchug.gif
tat2dphreak
beerchug.gif I think we both love these damn cars a little too much, TC biggrin.gif
carr914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 25 2010, 08:47 PM) *

beerchug.gif I think we both love these damn cars a little too much, TC biggrin.gif

I hear ya

T.C.
turboman808
The car is without a doubt worth 55 grand. You can build your own car and to get it as good as this one you are gonna spend more then that. If you have to pay someone else to do the work your gonna pay even more.

I don't care to work on cars. I just want a running car that looks good. If I was in the market for a 914 I would buy this one now that I have some experience and know what I am looking at.

Lou W
At $55,000.00, this car was quite a bargain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.