Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally home from our European Vacation.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Korijo
Rode planes, trains, autos, and a boat (taxi to Venice). The kids LOVED it.

Saw Verona, Florence, Vacensa, Salina (? S. of Florence), and Venice. Got drunk in Florence with my siblings and spouses. drunk.gif Dont let your drunk brother push you around Florence icon8.gif . I didnt hurl, but the wifey did barf.gif

missed you guys sad.gif pics coming...
seanery
Welcome Back Dave!

We were wondering about you a couple days ago.
Bruce Allert
Welcome back Dave... did you lean wit da Piza? smile.gif
Missed ya beer.gif

........b
scotty
glad you had a great trip! smile.gif

However...
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

...when you get settled wink.gif
rick 918-S
DAVE aktion035.gif DAVE! aktion035.gif DAVE! aktion035.gif DAVE! aktion035.gif DAVE! aktion035.gif DAVE! aktion035.gif DAVE! aktion035.gif DAVE! aktion035.gif DAVE! aktion035.gif
campbellcj
Welcome back! We did 10 days or so in Italy on our honeymoon a looooong time ago and it was great. Since we were young and poor I basically lived on pannini, gelato and red wine. chowtime.gif
Gint
Welcome back Dave. Sounds like a blast.

Where are the PICS!?!?!
Korijo
Where are the PICS!?!?!

sheeesh !! wink.gif laugh.gif
Korijo
Korijo
... no more monkeys jumpin' on the bed...
Korijo
rhodyguy
dave, you're awake? there is a coffee shop connected to the spar that the kids can have b-fast in. come on down. you're mobile now, or are you going to roger's dog carnival? i'll email re the tin.

kevin
Korijo
dave, you're awake?

jet lag...

there is a coffee shop connected to the spar that the kids can have b-fast in. come on down. you're mobile now, or are you going to roger's dog carnival?

no go on either. wife and kids sleeping...
Korijo
villa
Korijo
limoncello, anyone ??
Bleyseng
hey welcome back, that jet lag is fun!
Looks like you got some sun too!

Geoff laugh.gif
morph
welcome back!sounds like you had a great time!been to asia and alot of islands but havent made it to europe. (yet)havent flew out of the country since 911 are the air ports a pain in the ass like they say ?
that villa you show looks really kool.glad to see you made it home safe and youre fam had a good time
Bleyseng
The security is different than here.
When I flew back from Brussels in Nov before you can get to the ticket check in counter you talk to this guy. He asks alot of questions, if he doesn't like your answers you go over there and wait to talk to other guys. If he likes your answers and all your papers then you go to the ticket check in counter. He talked alot of different languages! That would be a interesting job.
Had the metal detectors and all that stuff too just like here except I found the people to be much more friendly than flying here.

What was it like in Italy then?

Geoff
TimT
I lived and worked in the Middle east from 1978 to 1983

A certain country over there has airport security down to a science...

Like Geoff said,one guy asks you initial questions..if your nervous or waiver you get to talk to another person... meanwhile you are being observed by third parties for body language.. The questions asked are the same, just worded differently...

havent been to italy, but the security for El Al started in NY, was rechecked in London... ... and redoubled in Tel Aviv

Opps off course again...

Dave those gilrls look toasted in the last pic
MXMARK
Hi Dave, welcome back. My wife and I rode a motorcycle (Ducati) from Balogna to Rome with no lodging set up no directions and then back to Bologna a week later. The Italians were so helpfull. everything was easy and fun. Did you drive on the Autostrata (toll road). I would have loved to have my 914 on the Autostrata going 100mph + it was fun. Iam glad you had a good time. Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.