Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tire rack for trailer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Randal
Click to view attachment

I had this tire rack custom made for my trailer. It has cross bar mounts so that you can run a steel bar through the tires and lock them in.

Also comes with a custom made cover that goes over the tires and keeps them out of the sun. This is a very tight fitting cover that doesn't blow around in the wind.

I have 5 gallon gas holders welded to either side. I can grind these off if you so choose.

The rack is painted white, unlike the picture which shows the trailer before repainting.

$125.00 fob Los Altos.
6freak
looks like a nice set up ...ever been concerned about knocking the guages off the Nitrogin bottle....they seem kinda out there in the open
Randal
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 24 2010, 11:36 AM) *

looks like a nice set up ...ever been concerned about knocking the guages off the Nitrogin bottle....they seem kinda out there in the open

I was using the bottle when I took the picture. I always have the big steel cap on the tank, unless I'm in the pits.
6freak
Right on ....Safety first aktion035.gif
Randal
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 24 2010, 02:19 PM) *

Right on ....Safety first aktion035.gif

Right, I don't want to know what that huge tank would look like flying around under pressure.

That is a good question. How fast would a big welding tank fly if it was uncorked?
6freak
well according to mith busters nothing unless you nozzled it down ...but they did get one to go through a cinder block wall blink.gif ...anywho i would want to be around if one went off ...JUUUUUST INCASE
URY914
I saw a movie at a safety meeting which showed a bottle moving across a parking lot after they broke the gages off. It was pretty cool. It wasn't like a bullet from a gun but it was faster than you could run.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.