Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Miura" Green 914/Subi (pics!)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shaggy
I dont know if this has been posted here yet or now. I know it has been on club.

This was done by Precision Chassis in Gilbert, Arizona.

It is a ’74 914 with a EJ205 (2.0L turbo) with a side shift 901.
It has Carrera front suspension and Bilstein rear.

It is a renegade kit that he corrected all of the fitment issues on. He made a better intake system for it. And corrected how the intercooler sits (he made it sit flat).

Just another subie-914 but it turned out very nicely. He made the exhaust system as well as the color matched interior inserts. Paint is beautiful it is a 3 stage Lamborghini color.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

If you are looking for fabrication work any dont feel like going to either of the other places look up Precision Chassis Works. Kent Porter is the owner and has a lot of Porsche experience as well as high-end fabrication experience in general.
I worked with him for a few years and he is incredibly capable and isnt willing to cut corners. As is evident with this vehicle.

-Jim
6freak
WOW. i dont really like that color green ...but that car makes me like it ...AWESOME MACHINE FOR SURE smilie_pokal.gif
shaggy
YA! He does amazing work if you have a chance you should check out the rest of his site(lots of pics). Hes making really really nice 986(boxster) spec cars. hes also doing a bug/baja project and a subi legacy resto/mod. and if you look under his "chassis fab" section my jeep is in there.

it is a weird green color the pictures dont really do it justice. it really pops in the sun like most 3 stage paints do. the metallic really comes out.

-Jim
rick 918-S
Is this Precision's car or did they do it for someone? Very nice! drooley.gif
championgt1
Nice ride. That green with the black wheels is killer. drooley.gif
shaggy
its a customer car. his are the baja project and the legacy. the blue 986 spec will be for sale shortly. that cage is incredible. once again he does amazing work. that 986 cage is above any beyond anything anyone else is producing.
-Jim
jasons
What Jeep forum did you crawl out of? Are you still workin' for JP?
shaggy
QUOTE(jasons @ Feb 24 2010, 10:22 PM) *

HAHA!

no no more patrick motorsports for me. im up in flagstaff now going to NAU.
certified mechanic and welder. working at a place called American Spring. mostly off road fab and things like that.

finally have a tig welder up here.

how are your cars and your family doing?

-Jim
hwgunner
Great looking car. Love the color with the black wheels.
Rod
Fabulous looking car! Great build. I want to buy one of these!!
Katmanken
Yeah,

I love that color. It was on the first Miura that I ever saw. Fell in love with it at the Miami car show back in the 60's.

Back then, it was a bazillion coats of green laquer and sanded and polished.

Not a 3 coat system.
shaggy
QUOTE(kwales @ Feb 25 2010, 11:54 AM) *

Yeah,

I love that color. It was on the first Miura that I ever saw. Fell in love with it at the Miami car show back in the 60's.

Back then, it was a bazillion coats of green laquer and sanded and polished.

Not a 3 coat system.

the paint on this car is really impressive. its like the entire car is wrapped in a miura green sheet of glass. the car was bodyworked really well and the paint laid out so smoothly.

the renegade kit is a descent starting point but unless you can really weld and fabricate yourself you wont end up with a car of this quality. there were some really strange almost half-assed aspects of the kit which Kent corrected. simple things where it seemed like the just didnt take the time. like it was "good enough" which neither Kent nor myself like.

-Jim
plymouth37
QUOTE(shaggy @ Feb 25 2010, 12:08 PM) *

the renegade kit is a descent starting point but unless you can really weld and fabricate yourself you wont end up with a car of this quality. there were some really strange almost half-assed aspects of the kit which Kent corrected. simple things where it seemed like the just didnt take the time. like it was "good enough" which neither Kent nor myself like.

-Jim

Beautiful car!
Please explain the modifications made to the Renegade kit, other than one intercooler bracket and the intake plumbing it looks un-modified to me.
shaggy
"The motor mount holes weren't centered, the shift linkage didn't clear so you couldn't shift into 5th or reverse, the speed sensor bracket didn't fit, the aluminum shroud for the radiator didn't fit, the intercooler system and mount didn't fit right, the exhaust up-pipe didn't fit right so they had to send another one. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Basically the only thing that I didn't have to change or modify was the Kennedy Engineering adapter kit..."

it was just a ton of little things. it made for a really nice clean car though.

-Jim
pbanders
That place is less than 5 miles from where I'm sitting right now. I have GOT to visit them.
shaggy
QUOTE(pbanders @ Feb 25 2010, 04:01 PM) *

That place is less than 5 miles from where I'm sitting right now. I have GOT to visit them.

you should! be sure to take a look at the blue 986 if its still there when you go by.
tell him youre with 914 world and/or you know me, Jim.
jasons
QUOTE(shaggy @ Feb 24 2010, 10:27 PM) *

QUOTE(jasons @ Feb 24 2010, 10:22 PM) *

HAHA!

no no more patrick motorsports for me. im up in flagstaff now going to NAU.
certified mechanic and welder. working at a place called American Spring. mostly off road fab and things like that.

finally have a tig welder up here.

how are your cars and your family doing?

-Jim

Family is good and the pink car is in the garage slowly getting worked on. What does Patrick fire guys that can't spell welder? Check out your avatar...

Come by if you are ever in town, I'll let you wedl patches in my car!
shaggy
ya, ya, ya... thats what i get for typing and trying to do something else at the same time.

i should be in town in the next few weeks to pick up my springs to bring them back up and modify them.
plymouth37
QUOTE(shaggy @ Feb 25 2010, 03:52 PM) *

"The motor mount holes weren't centered, the shift linkage didn't clear so you couldn't shift into 5th or reverse, the speed sensor bracket didn't fit, the aluminum shroud for the radiator didn't fit, the intercooler system and mount didn't fit right, the exhaust up-pipe didn't fit right so they had to send another one. That's all I can remember off the top of my head. Basically the only thing that I didn't have to change or modify was the Kennedy Engineering adapter kit..."

it was just a ton of little things. it made for a really nice clean car though.

-Jim

Sorry to hear about the fitment problems, it sucks spending that amount of money to get a product that doesn't fit, even if all 914s are a little different. The guy who built those kits for renegade when I worked there did a great job, wonder if they have someone with a little less attention to detail building them now?
shaggy
i had heard at one point that their quality had gone down hill. but honestly i have yet to see a kit for anything that i was happy or impressed with the fit and finish of.

-Jim
plymouth37
QUOTE(shaggy @ Feb 25 2010, 05:02 PM) *

i had heard at one point that their quality had gone down hill. but honestly i have yet to see a kit for anything that i was happy or impressed with the fit and finish of.

-Jim

I totally agree, attention to detail is key.
Crazyhippy
nice to see another nutjob in Phoenix, w/ no AC
pbanders
I actually did cut out and stop by and meet Kent. Nice little two bay industrial park operation. Kent seems like one of those guys who is focused on quality. I think I'm going to have him do some cosemetics on my car later this year (trunks, engine compartment, interior, etc.). May even upgrade the brakes, though I may get Stuttgart Southwest to do that, as Jack did miracles with my stock brakes.
shaggy
QUOTE(pbanders @ Feb 25 2010, 08:58 PM) *

I actually did cut out and stop by and meet Kent. Nice little two bay industrial park operation. Kent seems like one of those guys who is focused on quality. I think I'm going to have him do some cosemetics on my car later this year (trunks, engine compartment, interior, etc.). May even upgrade the brakes, though I may get Stuttgart Southwest to do that, as Jack did miracles with my stock brakes.

he is incredibly focused on quality. he and i have scrapped a lot of material because it wasnt within an eighth of an inch to perfect fit. if it dosent fit perfectly(and i mean perfectly) he wont use it. he wont sacrifice quality.

-Jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.