Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoosier A6 Vs Kuhmo V710 your thoughts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
GaroldShaffer
Since the track car will be for sale soon (watch the classifieds in the next month) I will need to get tires for my 70. The 70 was my AX weapon of choice until I got "the sickness" for a trackcar. When I last AX the 70 I ran with Kuhmo V710's and love them. My 70 is a stock body 914 with a 73 2.0L engine with a bunch of suspension mods biggrin.gif

I ran Hoosiers on the track car (3.0L /6 monster) for AXing and they were great also. So trying to decied which to use on the 70. Anyone ever have both types before? Is the Hoosier worth the $24 per tire more than Kuhmos?

Thanks

My 70 back in action for 2010 smilie_pokal.gif
Borderline
I made a lot of mods to my car a while back and put on a set of 710's. They were great and I got a lot of runs out of them. Then I put on a set of A6's and they were better. My car has a ton of neg camber 21mmTbars and 19mm sway bars up front. If you read the tech tips for the tires, you'll see that the 710's are designed for stock to lightly modified suspensions. The Hoosiers are designed for stiffer suspensions and a lot of neg camber. I would pick the tire based on how your suspension is set up and how many runs you would like to get out of the tires. The 710's should get about twice the runs as the A6's. FWIW
6freak
710`s will last longer, Hoosiers are better but go away faster ....I can get Kumho 205-50-15 under my stock finder ,Hoosier 205-50-15 no way! there about an inch wider ...thats the only reason i run the Kumho ...JMO
PeeGreen 914
Last year I got about 105 runs on my Hoosiers and they were great until I hit cords.

The V710s are good and I still have the ones I had for 3 seasons. They still have better grip than my RA1s but a fresh set of V710s vs fresh A6s the A6s win hands down.
6freak
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 25 2010, 09:16 AM) *

710`s will last longer, Hoosiers are better but go away faster ....I can get Kumho 205-50-15 under my stock finder ,Hoosier 205-50-15 no way! there about an inch wider ...thats the only reason i run the Kumho ...JMO

I missed spelled ...surprize surprize ..lmao ..I said a cant when i really(edit) can get 710 under my car but not A6`s

A6`s all the way.... if i could i would
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.