Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Throttle body, '75 1.8L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
mpoffers
I tore my throttle body apart and cleaned it, but it looks like the pivot bores for the valve are just too worn. This causes the butterfly to hang up in the body, meaning the throttle sticks hard off idle, then unsticks and opens wide. My wife is less than impressed with the resulting driveability issues.

Are these throttle bodies available in decent shape, and how much would one cost me?

jim_hoyland
Don't know what they sell for, but I've seen them at most of the swap meets. There are a lot of 1.8 L FI parts foating around
70_914
QUOTE(mpoffers @ Feb 26 2010, 10:41 AM) *

I tore my throttle body apart and cleaned it, but it looks like the pivot bores for the valve are just too worn. This causes the butterfly to hang up in the body, meaning the throttle sticks hard off idle, then unsticks and opens wide. My wife is less than impressed with the resulting driveability issues.

Are these throttle bodies available in decent shape, and how much would one cost me?

I have a 1974 that I am selling the FI off.... but it looks more like early stuff to me- air filter is round oil bath.

20$ will get you my TB if you want... $75 will get you the computer, harness, injectors, intake, sensors....

Kevin
914ltd
When you get your replacement throttle body, NEVER! allow a 914 FI throttle body to snap closed. The butterfly relies on the fit in the bore in the closed position, there is no throttle stop. You can unsuspectingly open the throttle by hand and let it snap closed and the throttle will stick each time it returns to the closed position from then on. I don't know of any easy fix for this problem. I have one if you have no luck finding a 1.8 throttle body that doesn't stick. Brad Mayeur
mpoffers
QUOTE(914ltd @ Feb 26 2010, 01:30 PM) *

When you get your replacement throttle body, NEVER! allow a 914 FI throttle body to snap closed. The butterfly relies on the fit in the bore in the closed position, there is no throttle stop. You can unsuspectingly open the throttle by hand and let it snap closed and the throttle will stick each time it returns to the closed position from then on. I don't know of any easy fix for this problem. I have one if you have no luck finding a 1.8 throttle body that doesn't stick. Brad Mayeur

If there is no stop, how do I keep it from snapping shut in use? Is it just careful adjustment of the throttle cable?
914ltd
QUOTE(mpoffers @ Feb 26 2010, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(914ltd @ Feb 26 2010, 01:30 PM) *

If there is no stop, how do I keep it from snapping shut in use? Is it just careful adjustment of the throttle cable?

The mechanical drag of the throttle cable, throttle bellcrank and throttle pedal prevent the butterfly from snapping closed. The damage is done when opening the throttle in the engine compartment OR on the workbench. Brad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.