Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Expecting a job offer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gopack
piratenanner.gif
Well I just got a phone call telling me that the job I have been interviewing for (3 phone calls) is going to make me an offer. Assuming that the offer is reasonable (been looking for work since last job went away 4 months ago), looks like we are moving to the Sacramento area soon. I am hoping to drag my mostly finished teener there along with me, so it can be finally reincarnated in the land of teener heaven! beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif
Is this MADNESS?
Wife is at work and unreachable, so I had to tell someone! Wish me luck!
jcd914
QUOTE(gopack @ Feb 26 2010, 12:04 PM) *

piratenanner.gif
Well I just got a phone call telling me that the job I have been interviewing for (3 phone calls) is going to make me an offer. Assuming that the offer is reasonable (been looking for work since last job went away 4 months ago), looks like we are moving to the Sacramento area soon. I am hoping to drag my mostly finished teener there along with me, so it can be finally reincarnated in the land of teener heaven! beerchug.gif beer3.gif beer.gif
Is this MADNESS?

Best of luck to you.
I kind of like living here in Sacramento and we have a good group of teeners here.

Jim
messix
get off here and....... go pack! lol-2.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
Als914
QUOTE(gopack @ Feb 26 2010, 12:04 PM) *

piratenanner.gif
Is this MADNESS?

Hey Mark,

I hope you get that offer. If you haven't visited or lived here before I am sure you and your family will love it...33,871,648 people can't be wrong. Just think from Sacramento you can be at the ocean, Lake Tahoe, or San Francisco in a couple of hours driving.gif .

Lucky you, The average job search in a normal economy is one month for every ten thousnd dollars of income.

Hope it all works out and keep us posted.

Al
ConeDodger
We will make you wear that Cheesehead thingy and tease you mercilously about it...
gopack
Thanks guys, what I really need for you to force me to do, is get my car finished so I can drive it! When (not if) we move out there I may have to find a temporary storage place for the thing!

P.S. I AM a cheese head, I DO NOT own one!
warrenoliver
QUOTE(gopack @ Feb 26 2010, 02:36 PM) *

Thanks guys, what I really need for you to force me to do, is get my car finished so I can drive it! When (not if) we move out there I may have to find a temporary storage place for the thing!

P.S. I AM a cheese head, I DO NOT own one!

Mark,

Now's your chance. Go out and buy one before you leave 'sconsin - you won't find one out there.

Good luck on the job.

Warrenoliver
McMark
temporary storage place
wavey.gif

Sounds like a good move. We've got so many 914s around here and one more is one better.

Congrats! smilie_pokal.gif
Katmanken
Good luck with the offer.

Four months isn't bad. It took me 5 months to land a job that turned into a 3 temp job because several clients postponed some new projects. Job died at Thanksgiving, and I've been re-looking ever since.

It's rough when you get older- the jobs just dry up.

Being an inventor on 29 patents just doesn't seem to help.

Ken
ConeDodger
Keep in mind, one of the reason California likes to hire out of the Midwest besides the work ethic is that you think in Midwest dollars and may except a salary that is too low for the region. Our houses are worth half what they were two years ago but still priced much higher than the Midwest. I make $50K more than I would in Minnesota. Just FWIW...
EdwardBlume
Sac people love Sac... because you're an hour away from all the cool stuff... Tahoe, SF, and Napa. Good luck! aktion035.gif
Cheapsnake
Good luck with the new job Mark. Take plenty of brats with you. I don 't think Cali knows what they are.

Tom
rick 918-S
Just think about all the time you'll have when your not shoveling effin snow. No doubt you will be able to finish your car.
biosurfer1
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 26 2010, 05:19 PM) *

Just think about all the time you'll have when your not shoveling effin snow. No doubt you will be able to finish your car.

Exactly...it got so cold today, I think it got all the way down to 50! biggrin.gif
silver74insocal
ya the only drawback is....sacramento lol-2.gif lol jk good luck !!!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Feb 26 2010, 09:18 PM) *

ya the only drawback is....sacramento lol-2.gif lol jk good luck !!!

You know why SoCal teeners don't need upgraded brakes? They never get going fast enough to use them in all that traffic lol-2.gif
eg914
If you move out here and have a craving for VERY GOOD German sausage let me know. There is a shop here that makes all their own sausages. The owner studied in Germany to be a master sausage maker. Their sauerkraut is also excellent. There is culinary hope out here!

I still can't find Munster cheese with caraway seeds in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.