Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 parts news flash!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes sad but true, Bosch has discontinued the trigger points for all 1.7 and 2.0 models. Someone is going to have to make them.
detoxcowboy
Just does not stop the nla list does it.. good though for rareity..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(detoxcowboy @ Feb 26 2010, 04:31 PM) *

Just does not stop the nla list does it.. good though for rareity..

I really think that it is killing me the most, the worlds chief 914 enthusiast. When I see that I can no longer restore a 914 with all new factory parts it makes me sick that I then have to compromise.
tod914
Man, stuff is drying up faster and faster. George, just out of curiosity, how do you find out the parts are being discontinued? As a vendor, do they notify you?
Katmanken
Here we go boys....

The VW bean counters are in charge.

The new VW owners of Porsche don't need no inventory of fricken old parts.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tod914 @ Feb 26 2010, 04:38 PM) *

Man, stuff is drying up faster and faster. George, just out of curiosity, how do you find out the parts are being discontinued? As a vendor, do they notify you?

yes I am on the phone everyday with Bosch, Tod.
ME733
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 26 2010, 07:35 PM) *

QUOTE(tod914 @ Feb 26 2010, 04:38 PM) *

yes I am on the phone everyday with Bosch, Tod.

.....I purchased , some time ago, from a going out of business v.w. shop a small box of triggerpoints. If I knew what the 914 useable part numbers were . then I would know if I had parts to help someone....M.M.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 26 2010, 06:24 PM) *

yes sad but true, Bosch has discontinued the trigger points for all 1.7 and 2.0 models. Someone is going to have to make them.

Guess that makes my 2 new sets, sorta rare, huh?
Pat drooley.gif
JeffBowlsby
Trigger points should be easy enough to rebuild and they last a long time to boot (100K miles+). Its just the rubbing blocks that wear.

No need to worry about fuel injection wiring harnesses - we have a good stock of the obsolete special parts need to build them.

Long Live D-Jet!

smile.gif

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Feb 26 2010, 05:24 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 26 2010, 06:24 PM) *

Guess that makes my 2 new sets, sorta rare, huh?
Pat drooley.gif
pbanders
Like Jeff said, it's a 100K part, and should be rebuildable. Every D-Jet owner should be building up their own stash of this stuff. I recently picked up two cherry aux air regulators, been looking for good ones for a couple of years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.