Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Road trip to 914Ltd tomorrow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Well, My engine is off to be assembled tomorrow. Brad will pick the car up in couple of weeks and drop it in.

Heads - New valves, springs, keepers - Tuttles in Calf
Cam and lifters - from Type4store
Euro Cyl set
Dipped and coated sheet metal
HO Alt from our Canadian Boy
SS heat xchangers

Should be fun when snow melts driving.gif
qa1142
resized pictures should go headbang.gif
914Sixer
Say HI to Brad for me!
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Brad is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. It looks like you have

enought parts to get in trouble. but Brad will keep you out of it. We need pic when

it's done.

Dave slap.gif
qa1142
parts have been sitting, I have gotten too fat and old to fit under my 914.

Brad is best, he has saved me over the phone couple of times...

Giving him the assembly to finally get this project done, and having him go through the trans while he has my car.

This is the first time engine and trans will ever have been out of the car. Swapping my 1.8L (good by old pal) for this 2.0L. She will be good for another 61,000 miles and thousands of biggrin.gif

Anyone in midwest who does not know Brad, should. He has added 912's to his working on 914's. Great guy, and knows everything there is to know about 914 and 914-6 former Porsche Dealership Mechanic and stayed with 914's

More to come
GeorgeRud
In addition to doing some of the best mechanical work for many years, Brad is also a valuable source if you need some oddball part for your car. I think he has a large collection of parts hidden away somewhere in central Illinois, and has been able to help me in the past.

Gotta keep that Midwest 914 bunch going strong!
qa1142
358 miles later I am back home.

Brad has my "kit" and says Hi

Should be running on the test stand in a week, in the car and back in March wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.