Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Factory Manuals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I'm not having much luck reassembling my car with the Haynes manual and the AA catalogue, does anyone have a line on a fact set on CD or better yet download? I could also use a color wiring diagram...

THANKS!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 26 2010, 05:50 PM) *

I'm not having much luck reassembling my car with the Haynes manual and the AA catalogue, does anyone have a line on a fact set on CD or better yet download? I could also use a color wiring diagram...

THANKS!

yes the complete factory manual is available on a cd.
type47
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 26 2010, 04:50 PM) *

... I could also use a color wiring diagram...

I go to Pelican Parts for the electrical diagrams.
EdwardBlume
Thanks guys... got it. cheer.gif
kharma
Where would one find the factory repair manuals in pdf or cd format? I've been considering getting a hard set, but most of the ones I have found are incomplete.
EdwardBlume
There's a set or two available on Craigslist here in the Bay Area CA... I think the guy wants $800. CL ad

tradisrad
Porsche parts catalog: http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...914_KATALOG.pdf

No a manual, but it has all the diagrams.
EdwardBlume
Here's a partial set I found that you can download

914 Club Site Downloads
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 5 2010, 06:39 AM) *

Here's a partial set I found that you can download

914 Club Site Downloads

And don't flame me for posting a link to the "other" site grouphug.gif
Eric_Shea
And don't flame me for posting a link to the "other" site

We never do... huh.gif

I like having them all on PDF. This way I can go in the office and print the pages that coincide with what I'm working on. I can get them all greasy and not worry about it. Toss'em (errrrrrr, recycle them) when the job is done.
kconway
I bought a copy on CD from a member here a few years ago...maybe they'll chime in?
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(kharma @ Mar 5 2010, 05:53 AM) *

Where would one find the factory repair manuals in pdf or cd format? I've been considering getting a hard set, but most of the ones I have found are incomplete.

read above George has them in his catalog, not to expensive either.
Cap'n Krusty
For those of you unfamiliar with the factory manual, it may not be what you think it is. It was meant for techs already pretty well along in the learning process, and is used to supplement knowledge, not to be a step-by-step "how to do it" book. It doesn't go into a lot of specifics and detail on a lot of the things you wish it did. Porsche assumes well developed skills and a full complement of special tools to go along with the books. Haynes is taken from the factory manual. Even many of the pictures were lifted.

That said, mine will go on sale in a couple of years. The 912E book is available now, as are the 924/931 books.

The Cap'n
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 5 2010, 08:52 AM) *

For those of you unfamiliar with the factory manual, it may not be what you think it is. It was meant for techs already pretty well along in the learning process, and is used to supplement knowledge, not to be a step-by-step "how to do it" book. It doesn't go into a lot of specifics and detail on a lot of the things you wish it did. Porsche assumes well developed skills and a full complement of special tools to go along with the books. Haynes is taken from the factory manual. Even many of the pictures were lifted.

That said, mine will go on sale in a couple of years. The 912E book is available now, as are the 924/931 books.

The Cap'n

I'd buy you book Cap'n when it comes out.. Actually to force myself to dig into the understanding of how things work with eachother I sold all my books 9 of them that came with the car first week I got it.. Makes me think more than just step by step swap out..
ConeDodger
QUOTE(kconway @ Mar 5 2010, 07:45 AM) *

I bought a copy on CD from a member here a few years ago...maybe they'll chime in?

That was probably me. I still have bunches of them...
McMark
agree.gif with the Cap'n.

The PET is probably way more helpful for what goes where. But even that takes some getting used to.
EdwardBlume
I'm sure it will be worth more since it's Krusty

QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 5 2010, 08:52 AM) *

That said, mine will go on sale in a couple of years. The Cap'n
GeorgeRud
Information on the internet is great, but there is still something neat about having those maroon binders on the shelf!
Porcharu
I have the whole set in PDF - somewhere on one of many harddrives in a drawer. Give me a few days and I should be able to find it. All printed out if was about 3 inches thick. I downloaded this for free so I will pass it on. Maybe Andi will let me post it here?
Steve
EdwardBlume
I'm good now..

Thanks to everyone for all the offers to help... this site rocks!
ericread
I met a vendor this morning at the "PORSCHE Literature, Toy/Model, and Memorabilia Meet for Porsches and Vintage VW's" that had a full set of the manuals, in the maroon binders. They looked in perfect shape!

Anyway, he wanted $500 for the set.

Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.