Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NHRA Targa Top Vs Conertible
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
wallys914
I want to run my 914-v8 at the track, but the rules state that a convertible must have a roll bar if it is faster than 13.49 sec in a quarter mile. Is a car that has a targa top considered a convertible by NHRA standards?

This is my last hope before I call a NHRA tech...
SirAndy
QUOTE(wallys914 @ Feb 26 2010, 06:34 PM) *

I want to run my 914-v8 at the track, but the rules state that a convertible must have a roll bar if it is faster than 13.49 sec in a quarter mile. Is a car that has a targa top considered a convertible by NHRA standards?

Not sure about NHRA, but most other organizations accept our build-in rollbar ...
driving.gif Andy
Randal
QUOTE(wallys914 @ Feb 26 2010, 06:34 PM) *

With drag slicks your car has got to be under 13.49, more like 12's if it hooks up - and if your going that fast put in a cage, just for safety.

wallys914
I have a cage in it, but I built it to SCCA Spec and not NHRA. SCCA requires a 1-1/2 DOM vs NHRA 1-5/8 DOM. So I dont know if they are are going to be dicks in tech, plus I need to add the Hoop cross bar for the cage to pass tech ...

Thanks guys....
Andyrew
You tell them it'll run 14 seconds, Then if you run faster than they will let you you wont be able to do any more runs...

Pretty standard for fast convertible street cars.

camaroz1985
I've been told it is not classified as a convertible.
wallys914
Thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.