Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Denver CO - Dr. Evil tranny clinic - May 22/23 - Register here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Gint
The good Dr. is coming out to Denver for a tranny clinic. This first post in the thread will be continuously updated with details as they are ironed out, to include a list of confirmed attendees.

The event will be held on Saturday May 22 and 23 at Ames Construction, 20790 East Smith Road Aurora, CO 80011-3133. That's essentially I70 and Tower Rd. immediately east of Denver city limits proper. We'll use the west gate and park on the west side of the shop. Asphalt maintenance on the other [east] side.

The cost is $300 per active participant. Watching is free. All event fees are to be paid to Dr. Evil, preferably 30 days in advance. You can PM Dr. Evil <- link or
PM Gint <- link for the Doc's snail mail address to send a check. No paypal. As soon as you've paid the Doc he will let me know and I'll add your name to the list of confirmed attendees.

Paying Participants / Builders:
  1. majkos (Kevin) Host
  2. Gint
  3. Steve W. (I don't think Steve's a 914 world member)
  4. plymouth37 (Dana)
  5. A&PGirl (Carrie)
  6. A&PGirl's Dad
  7. MLedesma (Matt)
Pending
  1. Brant
  2. rsrguy3
Watchers:
  1. Nie Zu Alt (Doug)
  2. Kirmizi (Mike)
  3. Ferg (Mike)
  4. map (Mike P.)
  5. scottb (Scott) - Maybe
  6. KELTY360 (Marc) - Maybe
  7. rnellums (Ross)
  8. Lyle D. (not a world member I don't think)
plymouth37
Definitely interested, I am leaving for Rome for a month on the 25th of May so I can't commit 100% but I should be able to attend.
Gint
Cool Dana. You're more than welcome to spectate.
Nie Zu Alt
Hey Mike,

Count me in as a spectator. Going through a divorce right now so a little diversion will be great.

Thanks
Kirmizi
Ha! I just googled the address and there's a "Ferguson Enterprises" to the west.
Have we stumbled upon one of Ferg's hiding spots?
Mike
plymouth37
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Feb 27 2010, 08:59 AM) *

Ha! I just googled the address and there's a "Ferguson Enterprises" to the west.
Mike

You found the Ferg Cave! I hear it is filled with neurotically detailed cars waiting to be sold just months after purchase poke.gif

I need to find a good core tranny for the workshop, having a backup ready to go would be nice when (not if) I blow my current box.
Dr Evil
happy11.gif popcorn[1].gif
MLedesma
I am very interested, just need to make sure my schedule is clear and get the wife's "okay".

Matt
scottb
i already have an evil tranny but work might be bringing me out to colorado around that time. if so, i will be around to heckle and provide uneducated insight!

if it works out, i'll bring some beers for the peanut gallery... drunk.gif
Kirmizi
Add me to the "Watchers" list, Gint.
Mike
majkos
Click to view attachment
Me and Henna are in!
I'm hosting, confused24.gif correct.
Ferg
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Feb 27 2010, 11:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Feb 27 2010, 08:59 AM) *

Mike

You found the Ferg Cave! I hear it is filled with neurotically detailed cars waiting to be sold just months after purchase poke.gif

I need to find a good core tranny for the workshop, having a backup ready to go would be nice when (not if) I blow my current box.

I wish I had a cave like that., Put me down for watching.
majkos
QUOTE(Nie Zu Alt @ Feb 27 2010, 08:50 AM) *

Hey Mike,

Count me in as a spectator. Going through a divorce right now so a little diversion will be great.

Thanks

You're always welcome to "Kev's Place"
Where guys can behave like bachelors! aktion035.gif
smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif beer3.gif welder.gif popcorn[1].gif beerchug.gif
KELTY360

idea.gif

Hmmm....I may have to arrange a visit to my brother's around that time. I'd just be watching. Would be a great chance to meet you CO guys. I'll let you know.

Dr Evil
Gonna need min 5 paying customers to make this happen since I have to buy a ticket. It is still early wink.gif
Gint
QUOTE(majkos @ Feb 27 2010, 02:45 PM) *
I'm hosting, confused24.gif correct.
Yes Kevin, you're the official host.
Dr Evil
Now would be a good time to mention your cache of core gear boxes, Kev idea.gif
majkos
Yeah, I heard my cache may have some usable parts.
idea.gif for $$$?
LMK how I can help! aktion035.gif
(I need beer)
Dr Evil
Throw out your ideas on what you are willing to do and for what. I heard you have 7 cores. That is typically 7 great sets of teeth and synchro bands, maybe as much as 14 smile.gif This will save people a LOT of money.
majkos
The actual count is six.
You know way more about what's worth $$.
If I can make a buck and help somebody, a win -win is ok by my book
I'm happy to see hands on approach, the only way I learn, old school.
brant
I'll finalize my plans real soon
I'm going to try to make it also.
I however am out of core trannys....

I need to buy one somehow prior to the rebuild.
I could pull the one out of my car, but hate to do that at this point.

Kevin, you want to sell a core?

(I do have the shift rods and tail cone left over from a dead side-shifter.... but some wear in the shift rods may need the Doctors appraisal)
majkos
I don't see why not.
Depends on how many worth working on.
Dr Evil?
we've plenty spare?
Red_6
I have two Cores that I could be talked out of. Condition unknown but one is complete and the other is not. drop a line and make an offer on either if interested.

Tranny's are in Denver.

thanks,

Scott
fire it up scotty at yahoo dot com (all one word)
Dr Evil
Kev, they are probably fine cores. The only show stopper at this point would be if the pinion or ring were messed up. Highly unlikely in all 6. We can pull the stacks on any core and do an inspection for rebuildability on sight if there are multiples, over the net if people only have one. I just need a pic of the pinion teeth in most cases.
Dr Evil
icon_bump.gif
majkos
Brant-
Looks like I may have a spare for you
majkos
icon_bump.gif
People! Sign up

I 've a couple guys I'm working on, to sign up

Dr Evil can we set up different gears, if they were to be have around?
(For a six cyn.)
RJMII
Kevin; The answer would be 'yes'. It's quite easy to set up different gears while you are in there. Bring them with and you'll see how it is done.
rnellums
does the cost cover the parts for rebuild too? or just the evil advice?
Dr Evil
Cost is for advise. I will have great used parts on hand at a discount, and can coordinate with you if you want/need to buy new parts at a discount.

There is no way I could rebuild a transmission, with parts, for $300.
rnellums
Totally understandable, but a college student can hope right? Guess I'll be waiting a few more years dry.gif
plymouth37
I will probably sign up to rebuild, give me a week or so to sort out the cost of my trip to Rome.
Anybody want to sell me a rebuildable core? What do you want for one of yours Kevin?
majkos
QUOTE(plymouth37 @ Mar 9 2010, 09:56 AM) *

I will probably sign up to rebuild, give me a week or so to sort out the cost of my trip to Rome.
Anybody want to sell me a rebuildable core? What do you want for one of yours Kevin?

A Gazillions bucks! idea.gif

To be fair, you pick and then we'll talk about it over beers

That makes 3 trans.core reserved,
Dana,
Piper?
Brant?
Guys in question has Six cyn. Hmmmmm dry.gif
map
I am definately in for the clinic.

Gint, How do I register?

I was originally hoping to partner with someone on a rebuild. I am mainly interested in the experience.

Kevin sugested I might want to upgrade the unit in my six. It was supposedly rebuilt about 8K ago. Not sure how it was set up. I have no complaints and typically don't fix things that aren't broken. Still...it might be nice to know how my car is configured.

Suggestions?

Pieper
majkos
Click to view attachment icon_bump.gif

Cause I can biggrin.gif
RJMII
icon_bump.gif

If you're in, you should jump in quick. Dr Evil has to buy plane tickets, and the longer he waits the more tickets cost.

Won't it be nice to know that when you're setting the 914 back down off of the jackstands that it has a transmission that someone with a good eye for "what's right" has looked at?
A&PGirl
Put my Dad and I down as tentative "paying participates".

We'll be be bringing 2 transmissions to redo and at least 2 cores.
Dr Evil
Awesome! I have been in contact with Steve, the host, and his shop will allow for a really great event! Anyone who has not made it to one of these events has been sorry wink.gif
plymouth37
Count me in, a check is on the way Doc!
Gint
I've updated the list in the first post. I've been neglectful apparently. sad.gif In my defense I was busy interviewing, getting a job and quitting a job! New gig starts Monday 3/29. I sure hope I'm not on call on tranny weekend.

Piper, I'll answer that email you sent to Colorado-914 shortly.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 22 2010, 06:47 PM) *

Awesome! I have been in contact with Steve, the host, and his shop will allow for a really great event! Anyone who has not made it to one of these events has been sorry wink.gif

This is such a GREAT deal and an informative event. You get the understanding and feeling of accomplishment of rebuilding your OWN transmission, plus the fellowship of 914 owners.

It would be well worth $500 instead of $300.

Dr Evil
Gint, no biggie. You gotta take care of your own business smile.gif

Looks like I will be ordering my tickets this weekend smile.gif
brant
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 26 2010, 08:21 AM) *

I've updated the list in the first post. I've been neglectful apparently. sad.gif In my defense I was busy interviewing, getting a job and quitting a job! New gig starts Monday 3/29. I sure hope I'm not on call on tranny weekend.

Piper, I'll answer that email you sent to Colorado-914 shortly.

Mike Ginter,
sorry for the off topic
but I didn't know about your job change
sorry for that... but more importantly, congrats on finding a new one!

brant
Gint
Nothing to be sorry about Brant. I got a job before I quit. And quitting was awesome!

Are you going to join us in the tranny build?
majkos
congrat on finally rid of the old job.

I'll bet the quitting notice was sweet. aktion035.gif
Dr Evil
This is on! I am looking into tickets right now smile.gif Just trying to figure out where I am flying from.
Dr Evil
No turning back now, I just bought the tickets. smile.gif

It is not too late to sign up as a builder, either. Plenty of room!!!
brant
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 26 2010, 11:01 AM) *

Nothing to be sorry about Brant. I got a job before I quit. And quitting was awesome!

Probably?

things are a bit shaky for me right now
I'll know more soon though

boss' called me at 4pm today to tell me I need to come in for a 1 on 1 at 8:30 tomorrow morning. They have been telling us for 3 months that lay offs were "coming soon"

Apparently 33% of the people in my position have to go... and tomorrow morning I will find out which side of that line I stand on.

brant
Dr Evil
Dang. That is a crappy position.
Gint
QUOTE(brant @ Apr 7 2010, 09:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Gint @ Mar 26 2010, 11:01 AM) *

Probably?

things are a bit shaky for me right now
I'll know more soon though

boss' called me at 4pm today to tell me I need to come in for a 1 on 1 at 8:30 tomorrow morning. They have been telling us for 3 months that lay offs were "coming soon"

Apparently 33% of the people in my position have to go... and tomorrow morning I will find out which side of that line I stand on.

brant
I've always managed to stay on the employed side of that line. But it's been dumb luck. Regardless, I know exactly how you feel right now. Good luck. Call me later and let me know what happened.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.