Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Short Drive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbanders
Unfortunately, most of my 914 driving is on boring roads, but this morning, I had the chance to take a short drive on some more rural roads near the southern part of Phoenix. I drove down Casa Grande, over to Coolidge, then back up to Chandler and home on various back roads. Most of this was cruising at 65-75 mph on generally flat terrain, roof out. Including about 50 miles of city driving on the tank of fuel before I took this drive, I got 28.5 mpg. I'm pretty sure if I did a stead 75 mph round trip from here to Tucson (~200 miles), I would get about 32 mpg. For a 16.4 gal tank, that's 525 miles of cruising range, not bad for a 40-year-old car.
Tom
biggrin.gif Another month or so for me. Too cold for my old bones. Gotta get that heat hooked up! Thanks for sharing.
Tom
914Sixer
These little cars were sold as sports cars but all the information played up the fuel economy of that they got. All the dealer brochures that I just looked at showed between 26-29 mpg depending on the engine. Who said you can't have fun and be GREEN at the same time?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.