Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Rubber bumper pads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
zy84
I am looking for the pads that go on top of the bumper for both the front and rear. I am not sure if they change from year to year but mine is a 73 Thanks.
Tom_T
FYI - they're the same 70-74 for the top pads. Front rubber bumper guards (Tits) were 73-74 only, & R tits were 74 only. Everything changed 75-76 with the 5mph shock-absorber "big bumpers".

I have some decent ones off a 71 for a DD, but don't have any idea of price, nor for shipping cost on them since they'd probably be oversized. However, if you're only needing a DD level, you may find ones for less overall cost nearby in TX where you can pick them up.

If you're looking for new - I have a new rear in box which I bought from PP last year, which I'd part with for what I'd paid (incl. tax & S&H) plus shipping & PayPal. IIRC I paid $400+ all in for it, but don't hold me to that cuz I have half-zymers at 57-58 & don't have the invoice in front of me. PP, AA. Peli, etc. also still sell these new.

If you're an absolutely puriest "OEM only" concours guy, that is what you want. The fronts are NLA, but someone might have an NOS one around to match-up.

However - in the interest of full disclosure & helping a vendor on here, I elected to go instead F&R with new Repros from Mark at Mikey914 F&R because he uses better "modern" rubber & stainless steel on the studs & metal inserts for better quality. The OEM porous urethane rubber & carbon steel studs/inserts cause the rusting & dimpling problems you see on many 914s.

I saw them - Repro front & OEM rear on SocalAndy's yellow 72 (see past cars of the month) & could NOT tell the difference between new/better repro & OEM - so I just won't tell the judges if I show mine once resto is completed - so Mum's the word! biggrin.gif

For me - better quality, longevity, reliability, safety is the deciding factor where OE & Repro/Aftermarket are both available.

If you need the 73-74 L&R Front Tits as well, I ended up with 3 sets dry.gif - the best of which I'll use, the other 2 sets are probably 8-of-10 condition-wise, one set had the studs replaced & has the make-up brackets some folks used to drill a 70-72 front bumper & install the tits on them (as 73-74 chromies became scarce or to update their 914's look).

Let me know what you need & PM me with your email to send any pix you may want of whatever? If interested, then I'll have to figure out a fair price.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom T
Orange CA
///////
zy84
Cool thanks for the info. I am learning a lot from you guys on the forum. I just acquired mine and need all the help I can get. Maybe what I can do is post some pics up on here later (probably until tomorrow) so that u can see what mine look like and see what we can work out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.