Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thermostat cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeremiah98125
My thermostat cable is broken and dangling. I ordered a new one from Pelican and just wondering how I get access to where it mounts at the top on the rod that controls the flaps? Saw plenty of pictures of where it mounts on the flaps, but is this done from under the car or above? What all do I have to remove to get to this area? thanks!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jeremiah98125 @ Feb 27 2010, 02:38 PM) *

My thermostat cable is broken and dangling. I ordered a new one from Pelican and just wondering how I get access to where it mounts at the top on the rod that controls the flaps? Saw plenty of pictures of where it mounts on the flaps, but is this done from under the car or above? What all do I have to remove to get to this area? thanks!

All you have to do is guide it up from the bottom after pushing it through the hollow nut and then grab it from in the engine compartment and then cinch it via the lock nut and bolt on the rod
jeremiah98125
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 27 2010, 02:00 PM) *

All you have to do is guide it up from the bottom after pushing it through the hollow nut and then grab it from in the engine compartment and then cinch it via the lock nut and bolt on the rod

I guess my question is, where is this rod? It's not entirely apparent to me.. I'm kind of dumb & new to this smile.gif]

Nevermind I found it.. so much oily dirt built up there I didn't recognize it! Gotta clean up that area good..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(jeremiah98125 @ Feb 27 2010, 03:22 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Feb 27 2010, 02:00 PM) *

I guess my question is, where is this rod? It's not entirely apparent to me.. I'm kind of dumb & new to this smile.gif]

And we are very very old to this so do not hesitate to call any time for detailed tech advice.

Nevermind I found it.. so much oily dirt built up there I didn't recognize it! Gotta clean up that area good..

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.