Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater cables and headlight cables? Need help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
Hello,

I replaced the headlighs with H4 and before the car went to get painted I removed the connectors for the headlights. Questions is now which cable goes where when using H4 Headlights, the bulbs have 3 connectors and I have 3 cables, which to plug in where?? It's a 74 2.0.

Second problem are the heater cables from the heater control, does someone has a graphic which cable goes from which heater lever to which box????

Thanks for any information,
- Juergen
Daiberl
Here a picture of the headlight which explains a bit what I'm looking for.
Daiberl
Does really nobody has a picture of the headlight connectors showing which cable goes where???
southernmost914
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 27 2010, 07:58 PM) *

Hello,

I replaced the headlighs with H4 and before the car went to get painted I removed the connectors for the headlights. Questions is now which cable goes where when using H4 Headlights, the bulbs have 3 connectors and I have 3 cables, which to plug in where?? It's a 74 2.0.

Second problem are the heater cables from the heater control, does someone has a graphic which cable goes from which heater lever to which box????

- Juergen

Click to view attachment
bye1.gif
Daiberl
THANKS!!
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 27 2010, 04:58 PM) *

Hello,

- Juergen

Do you mean the fresh air box and air controls? or the heat lever to the flappes in the engine area??
Daiberl
I mean the air controls and fresh air boxes in the front, sorry for the confusion, I have connected everything but I'm not sure that it's correct.
southernmost914
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 28 2010, 08:55 PM) *

I mean the air controls and fresh air boxes in the front, sorry for the confusion, I have connected everything but I'm not sure that it's correct.

I don't have a picture, but if you have them connected, they are correct , because they won't connect any other way. smile.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(southernmost914 @ Feb 28 2010, 06:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Feb 28 2010, 08:55 PM) *

I don't have a picture, but if you have them connected, they are correct , because they won't connect any other way. smile.gif

No offense here but you can make a mistake, I did and now my driver's side defrost vent is closed when it should be open and open when it should be closed actually works opposite of the driver's side not good because when it plus it may even be on the wrong lever side. . but yes if your wires are laid out and connected your more than likely correct.. I mistakenly conected one open and the cross connection close dor something like that. It woudl take alot of photos to get the visaualization of connections plus it is a pain in the ass taking out the gas tank and air cleaner to show the intended lay out. so what I would do and am gooing to do to fix my problem is check it all out first.. flip one lever see what it does run the fan to see waht closes and open repeat and repeat unitl all the lever do what they are supposed to do
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.