Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car was running
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mtndawg
I took the tank out to clean it and put in a new screen. This picture is inside the tank after the screen sock was removed. The car was running really well. The new screen should help even more!
kkid
Good for you!

Have you put the tank back in the car?
How did you clean the tank anyway? Was the sock dirty? I am interested because this will be my next project. I believe my tank has never been cleaned in its life.

Thanks for posting!
qa1142
looks normal, cleaned mine first year I had it
johnnie5
Yep. Did mine 1st thing too. I used Eastwood's etch and sealer kit... worked great!

http://www.eastwood.com/ew-gas-tank-sealer...s-for-cars.html

I did not dilute the muriatic acid as Eastwood says to though.... just went with straight acid! Diluted mixture was not nearly strong enough to cut through the rust.
Eric_Shea
Let me know how that new screen goes in...
detoxcowboy
I am amazed at that picture, fish eye camera w/ surgical lighting??
ConeDodger
I used the POR15 gas tank kit. Three part, Marine Clean, Something else I don't recall and the POR15 paint. Took about two hours over a couple days. Looks like new.
jonferns
agree.gif

The POR kit does a nice job of cleaning and sealing, I use it on beetle tanks at work all the time.
Dr Evil
I used POR-15 as well with great results. The radiator shop down the road from me will boil it clean and seal it with an epoxy resin for $50. Check around.
Drums66
Yes, the radiator shop for cleaning is good advice.......But I
tossed the sock, I just use fuel filter's....No problems in mucho
years confused24.gif idea.gif

bye1.gif smoke.gif bye1.gif
kconway
I used a product by KBS Coatings that worked pretty well. Cleaned, etched and coated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.