Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Checked out the free 914 in the classifieds tonight. (link)

Looks like a decent car overall. The biggest incentive is that it has a sideshifter tranny in it. The engine looks complete, but I think the tranny is the gem here. If you need a sideshifter tranny conversion, PICK THIS CAR UP! Has good "chrome" trim pieces as well as a pretty straight body. If you have the space you really should get this car.

So why am I not taking it? I've already had 4 cars that I've pulled parts off of, so I really don't need another core engine. biggrin.gif

I'd hate for this car to go to the scrap yard. But it has to go quick. I could deliver it for a fee.
SpecialK
Yeah...Rub it in!!

Man, you left coasters really piss me off :finger2:

914s and parts everywhere!!........For friggin' FREE!!

Most of the parts we see out here look like they came off the Titanic.
SLITS
Would love to have it, but it's a little longer walk from Napa to LA than I can take.

Since it doesn't run, the shippers get all wierd and charge extra (pushing is expensive).

I've got 4 and could possibly stand another example of fine german rust sitting in the yard laugh.gif blink.gif wacko.gif
Gint
If I had somewhere to put it, I'd probably have you snatch it for me Mark. But I have enough projects I guess. Doesn't look to bad considering the purchase price. cool.gif
John
Damn,

I'm simply too far away here in Kansas City.... but I do have the space...
GWN7
How much to deliver it up here? laugh.gif
McMark
More than it's worth. tongue.gif Especially because delivering up there would include "extra expenses" (vacation for me and the girlfriend).
echocanyons
FWIW I also have a parts car that someone who is interested in could have for free. I is rolling but doesnt have engine or trans. Body is all there minus the front trunk A/C area.
No body damage but rusty in the longs
tracks914
I should run down and get a delivery quote from US Postal laugh.gif
Think they could send it Air mail?
Trekkor
Thanks for the report Mark.
Can someone take away this car?
If I take it to the steel mill, we can all do this headbang.gif
Thanks, Trekkor.
Aaron Cox
id be interested in it....how can i get it to socal???
Trekkor
tow dolly is best bet.
MartyYeoman
Is the car spoken for??
I can come by tomorrow for a look see.
Trekkor
come and get it. boldblue.gif
after 4:00.
it's too dark for any pictures now, but i can answer questions.
the hood is gone. the doors are off. If you need them, take 'em.
weird_looking_cactus
If no one is going to take the car I will take the transmission out of it if its still good. Mines not switching into second gear. I can't put it into second gear by hand ether so its something wrong with the gear box.
Trekkor
how is it possble? i still have the car.
maybe $1 beers will draw beer.gif

I posted recent pics in classifieds " free 914 "
morph
I will be calling you soon to work out details of pickup. beerchug.gif
Jeffs9146
I just went up and picked some parts off of the "Free Car". It is a good parts car and could even be restored. most of the fenders look good and solid. It has some of the usal rust in the usal places but there are plenty of good parts left! Heck the bottom dash pad is in great shape!

Some one should go pick this thing up! Maybe HPH would like the parts? Brad??

Jeff
GWN7
Brad did post in another thread that he did need a 914....mabey someone could wrap it with a ribbon and drop it off. laugh.gif

I can't believe it's not gone.........If I lived a bit closer, I'd take it.........
Brad Roberts
We dont need another parts car (which is why you see it posted here.) I want a personal car..not another parts car.

B
morph
I really want it, but I cannot get down there before Friday, and he wants it gone Wed.
Andyrew
If my mom didnt care.. It would be in our backyard.. But She doesnt like to have more than 4 cars.. (dang, that means I cant get a second car.. Ahh phoey, no 944 for me.)

Andrew
Trekkor
What if you cut it into tiny bits and hide it throughout the house? sawzall-smiley.gif
Andyrew
Already did that with another car.. lol

Hope you get rid of it soon!

Andrew
McMark
morphenspectra, I could store it for a few days if you're gonna take it.
morph
That would be great!!! I would come get it on Friday. I'll e-mail you. pray.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif
Trekkor
that should all work good and fine- IF my wed night local pick-up falls through.
UNLESS- you get here first! lol3.gif
Brad Roberts
Mark.. as you can plainly see I didnt get a trailer to deliver your tub this weekend. I can use the enclosed or go ahead and clear the lift off of my trailer Mon or Tues. I spent all weekend cleaning out the Novato house. I still have one more trash run to make before the first so I know I will be back up there.

B
sanglee007
QUOTE(trekkor @ Mar 28 2004, 11:03 PM)
that should all work good and fine- IF my wed night local pick-up falls through.
UNLESS- you get  here first! lol3.gif

trekkor,
Your local pick up won't fall through. smile.gif

But if morphenspectra wants it and markd@mac.com can store it for him until he can pick it up, before me. They go for it guys. I could use some parts, but I'd rather get it out of trekkor's yard. if I could, I would have picked it up this weekend, but I couldn't. besides, my 76 isn't so bad I need tons of metal off the car, I need some, but I can source that locally because the bbs is here and it seems that Sawzalls are a-buzzin in the Valley all the time.

Oh...and if some parts, say like the the engine lid should "fall" off the car, I can pick them up almost anytime.

I'd almost say, could I have the seats, since they look nicer than the ones I have...but I learned never wear white after laborday...or 1986. smile.gif

Sang
McMark
I don't care who takes it. Just let me know if I need to store it. If I don't have to be involved that's better for me since I have things to do. But I'm willing to help my 914 brothers (and sisters) out as much as I can.
Trekkor
Mark thanks for all the help.

Sanglee007 It's still you!

After wednesday, Morphenspectra, pick up directly.

trekkor
sanglee007
Cool. I'll tell my friend it's a green light.

Sang
Trekkor
Check out Sang Lee diggin' his FREE 914.
Congrats...

When you can...give away parts for free! mueba.gif

trekkor
jonwatts
Everyone here expects to see that car driving to the West Coast Classic laugh.gif
McMark
I'm glad to see it go to a list member. Another one saved and another member with less garage space. biggrin.gif
Brad Roberts
The driver of the flatbed flew past me on 880 around 11pm while I was returning from Napa.

B
sanglee007
And the Passenger Door on the seat, tied up to itself (because it came untied from the other door and floor) didn't even fly out and hit anyone.
This has been one hell of a day(s)
tuesday, help friend build his 1st sub box...all day...I mean ALL day.
wednesday, help friend move. move heavy a$$ furniture...down stairs. then upstairs.

The driver, my friend Scott, was lifting most of it too.
He's beat. I'm beat...and I can't believe on the computer right now!!!

Brad, my friend who just moved is now living in Fremont too!

Sang
Gint
Congrats! Nothin like a free teener.
morph
I'm glad it didn't go to the scrap yard, BTW Ineed a tranny and a front air dam. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.