Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Removing battery tray
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
Are the battery tray and support just spot/tack welded in and thus can be easily drilled/cut out? sawzall-smiley.gif

Or what is the procedure? Obviously it is a tight area to work in (with the engine installed) and so surgical precision is desirable...my back ain't as young and flexible as it used to be. rolleyes.gif

FWIW my tray is actually fine (great in fact) but I'm going to an Odyssey 680 race battery and have no use for the darn thing...

Any tips appreciated,
Bleyseng
Use a spot weld cutter and only cut thru the tray not into the long. Pretty easy.

Wear safety googles when you do it.

Geoff
Gint
There's a least one thread around here with some good pics.
campbellcj
Thanks Mike, I found the thread with a little work on the search engine. Looks like a simple enough task. Now just to decide where to mount the new tiny battery...I was leaning towards just bolting it to the tub right where the stock tray is (used to be). Should be a quick drop of 22lbs give or take.
bernbomb914
I was thinking of putting a optama in the trunk on its side so I could put in the top also. That would keep the cables short. Will the Bat. work on its side if it is properly supported. I would use the dual post Battery
seanery
yup, that's the joy of the optima!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.