Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Truckin'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
http://993c4s.com/cars/porsche-914/pick-up-truck/

Can you ID the tailgate latch?

carr914
Road Scholars is is North Carolina, I thought for sure this car was in a private collection in Colorado - Calling Ferg to the Hot-Line Phone.

T.C.

And nice door pull for the tailgate.
rick 918-S
If I still had a shop I would build one of those. It is a cool little parts chaser. Even for a furniture builder or any business really. Great lil calling card.
nomore9one4
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 1 2010, 02:16 PM) *

If I still had a shop I would build one of those. It is a cool little parts chaser. Even for a furniture builder or any business really. Great lil calling card.

agree.gif My brother and I have on ene the drawing board for this same reasons. Someday it will be finished driving.gif
Dr Evil
That tail latch is great! Good use of parts you already have. Door handle and striker plates.
Ferg
WOW, Up until right now I thought that car WAS still with the owner here in Colorado...

I made a serious inquiry about it last month and I didn't even get a reply from the owners friend. Looks like it may have indeed been sold sad.gif

I will post more if I can learn more.

Ferg beerchug.gif
wayne1234
Thats awesome
underthetire
Are those BMW 2002 tail lights I see?
Ferg
QUOTE(underthetire @ Mar 1 2010, 03:54 PM) *

Are those BMW 2002 tail lights I see?

I would guess 904's biggrin.gif

I'm really really bummed, this has been sorta my white whale... I've been trying to buy this from the Colorado owner for about 8 years now.
URY914
"In fact, it was only from a quick glance through a back window that we happened to notice an extended wheel base where we weren’t expecting to see one."

WTF are they talking about? that wheelbase is stock.
URY914
You would think someone you take that stupid license holder front off the front bumper.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 1 2010, 03:58 PM) *

I'm really really bummed, this has been sorta my white whale... I've been trying to buy this from the Colorado owner for about 8 years now.

If you had offered the seller more than $3,000, I'm sure you could have bought it. poke.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Mar 1 2010, 04:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 1 2010, 03:58 PM) *

If you had offered him more than $3,000, I'm sure you could have bought it. poke.gif

Never even got that far... every time I asked about the car (at least once a year) I got the same reply, in a nice casual but not really joking manner, "not for sale, and if it was you could not afford it" sad.gif
TJB/914
914world had a posting on 914 trucks about 1-2 years ago. I am trying to find photo's I posted with lots of detail during the build. I think the photo's are on my computer that crashed, Grrrrr. I'll keep looking & check world archives.

I think the prior posting was for (2) different 914 trucks (a 4 & 6)????

I really like the looks, almost looks factory.

Tom
Ferg
I thought http://www.gunnarracing.com/ was doing the resto on the orange six truck, I can't find the pics on the site though.
EdwardBlume
dry.gif C'mon... that's desrepecting our pride and joy... dry.gif
carr914
Sorry Ferg, I know you've been after this one for quite a while.

One of these is a future project of mine. If I had some extra scratch, I'd buy URY's 2nd car and start cutting sawzall-smiley.gif

And Gunnar does have the -6 Truck. I don't think they are in any hurry.

T.C.

Click to view attachment
URY914
Has anyone ever seen the -6 pickup in person?

Oh yea, that's right I have. biggrin.gif

I posted the story here about 4 years ago. I have all the photos too. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 1 2010, 07:11 PM) *

Has anyone ever seen the -6 pickup in person?

Oh yea, that's right I have. biggrin.gif

I posted the story here about 4 years ago. I have all the photos too. biggrin.gif

Sure rub it in.. dry.gif
championgt1
Way cool! aktion035.gif
bcheney
I saw the truck at Kevins shop about two years ago...looked pretty much like it does in TC's picture. The parts he has for it are over the top... You can bet that when it's done you will find nothing that will compare. He really loves that ride. I'll try to catch up with him soon and let you know where he stands with it.
993C4S
QUOTE(URY914 @ Mar 1 2010, 06:22 PM) *

"In fact, it was only from a quick glance through a back window that we happened to notice an extended wheel base where we weren’t expecting to see one."

WTF are they talking about? that wheelbase is stock.

URY,

Thanks for pointing out the error. It is appreciated and will be corrected. slap.gif

993C4S
http://porschepurist.com
nsr-jamie
Wow!Thats cool! I remember seeing one of the pick up conversions in an old issue of VW and Porsche years ago
Ferg
Just got off the phone with Kevin at Road Scholars, they indeed have it now.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 2 2010, 10:04 AM) *

Just got off the phone with Kevin at Road Scholars, they indeed have it now.

duh poke.gif

biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
Wow!Thats cool! I remember seeing one of the pick up conversions in an old issue of VW and Porsche years ago

Since corrections are in order ,, VWtrends Mag.

They need to do a photo shoot like this
IronHillRestorations
Haulin' asse?
andys
I remember checking out a truck at a Porsche shop in SoCal in the '70's. I don't know if it was the same one as in the photos, but I do remember it was a chocolate brown.

Andys
SirAndy
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 2 2010, 09:48 AM) *

They need to do a photo shoot like this

I thought the brown one was supposed to be a real /6 ?
confused24.gif Andy

EDIT: Nevermind, i re-read the article ...

scrz914
Let's see...add a chrome roll bar...bigger tires and jack it up a little...stuff in a WRX and you have... A SUBARU BRAT av-943.gif

still kinda cool tho' blink.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(scrz914 @ Mar 2 2010, 08:44 PM) *

Let's see...add a chrome roll bar...bigger tires and jack it up a little...stuff in a WRX and you have... A SUBARU BRAT av-943.gif

Yeah, that'd work!

May as well go whole hog, since a VIN has been lost forever!

Sorry guys, but I just can't sign onto this thing (and I mean THING). We have so few VIN's left that this, well .....unnaceptable to a purist.

Yeah, it's cute. But using a Fiat would have been better. Or anything!

Another VIN lost!
Pat
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Mar 2 2010, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(scrz914 @ Mar 2 2010, 08:44 PM) *

Yeah, that'd work!

May as well go whole hog, since a VIN has been lost forever!

Sorry guys, but I just can't sign onto this thing (and I mean THING). We have so few VIN's left that this, well .....unnaceptable to a purist.

Yeah, it's cute. But using a Fiat would have been better. Or anything!

Another VIN lost!
Pat

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.