Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Anyone familiar with Bosch 12v DC motors?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JJ914GT
Hi all,

Sorry, no 914 content ( I do have one though ;-) )..

I drive a 1970 w114 Mercedes 250CE as a daily driver ( I needed something to drive around in, the 914 has been off the road for a while.)

The heaterfan didn't work when I bought the car, so last weekend I decided to dive into it.

To cut a long story short, I've got it all out and am ready to replace the fan-motor.
But,.. an new one from Mercedes is +$300.- so a bit too expensive and a used one is also 40 years old. It's a lot of work to reach the heaterfan, so Iwant to fix it for once and for all.

Who knows where to get a replacement motor, or what other motor will fit?

The heaterfan motor is:

Bosch CPI 12v 13 40 / 0 130 068 008 ( or CPL, not sure)

Dimensions are 6.5cm width / 2.5cm shaft / 8mm shaft thickness.

Sorry, only know metric..

Maybe someone over here is a Bosch Guru and can tell me what other motor will fit? I think an older BMW 5 series does but not sure.

Thanks!
JJ914GT
I just converted the Metric numbers: type.gif

6.5cm = 2.6inch ( Diameter DC Motor)
2.5cm = 1 inch ( Shaft lenght)
8mm = 0.3inch ( Shaft thickness)

Anyone..?
Shade Tree
Well, I'm not sure if this exists where you live, but here, I'd take it to an electric motor shop and have it rebuilt/rewound. It's cheap. I had a gas heater from a bus rewound and converted to 12v.
underthetire
http://www.emotorpro.com/14hp12vdcfasco3di...otor-dc024.aspx

Look like this? 8mm would be a 5/16 shaft BTW.
JJ914GT
Well, I'm not sure if this exists where you live, but here, I'd take it to an electric motor shop and have it rebuilt/rewound. It's cheap. I had a gas heater from a bus rewound and converted to 12v.

good point, I've just send out some emails.

Thanks, this one is 3inch in diameter. Max allowed is 2.6inch, otherwise it won't fit ( I have looked at altering the housing to fit a larger one, not very easy to make it work.)

8mm would be a 5/16 shaft BTW.

Great, thanks for that smile.gif

Anyone got a BMW blowermotor ( 90's) on the shelf which they can measure maybe?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.