Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...B%3ASS%3AUS%3A1

Just curious - I am NOT shopping for a 6.
Mike9142.0
If you are looking you must be shoping laugh.gif
Get it I need somthing new to drive boldblue.gif
ThinAir
I knew you would say that - it just came up on my daily eBay search update. <_<
Mike9142.0
Right wacko.gif
Gint
Mike, didn't your old man teach you to respect your elders? wink.gif Oh wait...

That looks like a nice 6. I wonder what he really wants for the car.
Mike9142.0
Just trying to get a 6 any I can laugh.gif
davep
VIN does not make sense, it is too high for 1970.
type47
probably a clerical error but vin -1123 (stamped in body) doesn't match info in header -3123
ThinAir
Gint - my reason for asking about it is that we have so many members in the Seattle area that I thought someone might know the car. eBay cars are always suspicious I think and after some recent incidents of cars not being what people advertise them to be I thought it might help someone to know what this really is. It does look like a sweet ride.
914werke
It has a "Park Place" Lic. Plate frame, The local High $ exotica dealer in Bellevue. unsure.gif
The floor board rust look concerning. If its that bad there ..where else?
davep
seller is: RENE BOURGET email rbourget@parkplaceltd.com
That explains the plate frame.
Bleyseng
I have had bad luck with ParkPlace Motors before-beware!

I don't know the car.

Geoff
Joe Bob
If you get it...make sure that it has an EXTRA LARGE oil warning light..... mueba.gif
anthony
That looks like a nice 6.

I don't know. It looks like a big project to me.

This would be worrisome to me:

IPB Image

Of course a repair like that would be child's play for Ginter!
rhodyguy
something minor. looks like the fastener twisted off the rocker. when the 73' was getting done at fordals i went and kicked some tires at park place. one guy asked if he could help me. i told him my car was at gregs. he just turned around and walked away. i believe that car belongs to one of the salesmen. he had two glue-up 914 models in his personal display case, still in the boxes. he wouldn't part with either one.

kevin
davep
I asked Rene for some extra info, and he was very quick to reply. Depending on the price it may be a decent buy. Lets face it, there are not many around. I scrapped a bunch of /4 years ago that I regret now. A new floor is not a biggie. If I do get one, I don't want a concours car to start with because it will get the GT conversion. A strip down to bare metal is just the start.

Oh yeah, original color is 23: tangerine

DaveP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.