Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm too excited not to share...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BigD9146gt
its been 8years since I picked up the '73 chassis from Dave Shepard (then started working for him), and this bit of bling I had to share...

Patrick Motorsports twin plug setup smile.gif I debated for some time whether to go with a crank fire setup (which would have cost me half as much), but the big cap is so purdy with all those stubbs and wires going everywhere!!! sheeplove.gif couldn't help myself. Now onto injectors! I'm hoping in a week or so I can get the car out of storage and finish her! Cheers guys!
sww914
That's the wrong one. That shaft fits the late 7R case and you have the early one. Sorry.......... smile.gif
ericread
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 2 2010, 11:43 AM) *

That's the wrong one. That shaft fits the late 7R case and you have the early one. Sorry.......... smile.gif

Oops - you erred in your analysis... Look carefully and you'll see that the picture was sent from Sydney, Australia. As such, parts in the southern hemisphere are exactly opposite that those used in the northern hemisphere. Although the most visible result of this is the driver being on the right side rather than the left side, a little know fact is that in the southern hemisphere, the crank actually turns in the opposite direction than the engines here in the States.

So as you can see, the part is actually correct, for a southern hemisphere car.

In the future, please look more carefully at these pictures before making such an obvious mistake... rolleyes.gif
sww914
Yeah, but the car's in California. It won't work until he gets to Australia unless he changes the fuel filters to the counter-rotating Northern Hemisphere Adapter style.
BigD9146gt
DAMN IT! I knew it was too good to be true. stupid motor headbang.gif
carr914
I wish I had known that you were looking for that set-up. I would have refered you to my friends at JB Racing - You would have saved over $500.

http://www.jbracing.com/eng_porsche.php

T.C.
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 2 2010, 12:06 PM) *

Yeah, but the car's in California. It won't work until he gets to Australia unless he changes the fuel filters to the counter-rotating Northern Hemisphere Adapter style.

Thanks for the reminder steve... now if i want to get this thing on the road in Cali, I need to find a cheap source for platinum plated titanium muffler bearings and a flux capacitor to boot. DMV: Dungeon of (non english speaking) Money-thieving Vandals. I wonder if anyone has ever walked up the counter with a tub of vaseline and said "i'm ready, lets do this". KMA.gif
tod914
If you lube it with vegemite, you should be ok.
Krank
Just don't sneeze when you are setting the firing order!
campbellcj
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 2 2010, 12:20 PM) *

I wish I had known that you were looking for that set-up. I would have refered you to my friends at JB Racing - You would have saved over $500.

http://www.jbracing.com/eng_porsche.php

T.C.

I've got the JB Racing dizzy and it seems to work really well in my limited experience thus far. It's a gorgeous piece of work too.
BigD9146gt
QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 2 2010, 07:40 PM) *

If you lube it with vegemite, you should be ok.

I ran out of Vegemite two weeks ago here in the states... I've been going through MASSIVE withdrawals. hissyfit.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.