Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thinking About Buying another 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racerbvd
Anyone know this car?? What do you guys think??

https://www.bicaccess.com/cas/detail.tml?puID=3243
This is a fully restored example of the popular 70's roadster with a C.O.A. from Porsche. The car was ordered new with the 1974 limited edition options. The car has been completely restored with new paint, new interior, seals, bushings, bearings and brakes. The engine and gear box have been completely rebuilt including a new clutch. This car has been four corner balanced and aligned to EURO ride height. The car has also won top honors as a PCA Parade winner.
Jeffs9146
8,128 miles?? Hard to believe!

I know it is a typo but could it be a 4 speed??.........Not!!

But, it is a nice car!!!!
sixnotfour
What about this one ?
drgchapman
If it is what they say it is, then a good price, nice car. I know what it costs to do all that work......
Rod
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 3 2010, 06:25 AM) *

What about this one ?

Oh that's nice! For Sale??
914Sixer
The VIN would put it in the LE range. Might be a real Bumblebee.
carr914
8,100 miles and they had to re-paint it and put in a new interior? screwy.gif

QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 3 2010, 01:25 AM) *

What about this one ?

I'd rather see you finish this one 1st.

T.C.
tradisrad
Is it a 4 speed 'cause the guy can't find 1st gear?
tod914
I'd read that as 8K since the resto or 108k. Looks like a nice car. Check and see if they have the window sticker or COA. A little of the ol yeller paint and a couple of decals, you'll have yourself a very nice Bee.
tat2dphreak
would you be open to trades? poke.gif wink.gif

looks nice.

4spd = 1st is already worn the F out.
JRust
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 2 2010, 10:25 PM) *

What about this one ?

I'll take it just to get it out of your allready full driveway. Only because I am so giving & want to help out a fellow teener huh.gif
SLITS
I can't believe you took that shot outside and it's not raining or snowing! biggrin.gif

You guys are really good a photoslop.
biosurfer1
My company owns a "condo" at that place and does work with the owner. In fact, the owner has a 914-6 GT, but I believe its a reproduction.

http://www.clubautosport.net/r-borelli.html

Both owners, Ralph Borelli and John Davis, are known investors in the area and love playing with their high priced vehicles...I worked for John at a different company though he was a silent partner. He spends a lot of time in Baja racing his Baja 1000 truck last I heard.

1968Cayman
Okay, I mistakingly opened up this thread and the "Ugliest 914 I've Ever Seen" thread and- having gotten them mixed up- was wondering for JUST a second why in the heck you'd want to buy that ugly a** blue turd. The one in this thread is much, much nicer.
Mike Bellis
If it IS an LE, then they should not claim it's restored. It's only half restored... It's missing the yellow paint and graphics. Or perhaps the white and oarnge paint...
naro914
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Mar 3 2010, 09:35 AM) *

Is it a 4 speed 'cause the guy can't find 1st gear?

bingo... that was my thought. When we got our first 914, I swore it was a 4 speed for 6 months until I 'accidently' found 1st gear.

Byron...what he hell do you need with another car? especially another 914.

FINISH YOUR PROJECTS MAN!!!
naro914
It is nice, but not correct. Notice they painted the bumpers, valence and rockers with gloss paint. I like it, but not correct.
sixnotfour
I'll take it just to get it out of your allready full driveway. Only because I am so giving & want to help out a fellow teener

I can't believe you took that shot outside and it's not raining or snowing!

You guys are really good a photoslop.

ding a lings , Thats Byron's GT project , in Florida. http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?aut...;showentry=1269

mine is this wonderful shade of green
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.