Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Complete FI set for a 72 1.7L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ChuckT
I'm looking for a complete fuel injection for a 1972 1.7 engine. The previous owner changed it to a carb and I'd like to return it to stock. I'm not a big fan of hoses clamped off or unattached in the engine bay. If you have a complete setup, please email me @ chuck.thompson@meggitt.com. Yeah I'm cheap so I'm looking to spend around $200 or so.
70_914
I have a complete FI setup that I don't need- I am a fan of big cams, headers and big carbs. It is mounted to a 1974 1.8 car, but is the early style oil bath air filter. I don't know what the easiest way to ID fuel injection is, but I am removing everything nicely and keeping it all together in order to sell it. The only parts that appear to be missing are whatever mounts to the air intake side of the air cleaner and the bracket to mount the computer. I don't want it, so I would rather it go cheap to someone who will use it. $75 + shipping and it is yours. I even have an extra set of intake manifolds, injectors and hoses from a bus motor I bought in order to get a 2.0 crank and rods.

I can take a bunch of pictures if you want to see everything in detail.

Kevin
getkirk
I'm interested in your fuel injection system if it's still available.

Thanks,
Kirk
underthetire
QUOTE(70_914 @ Mar 3 2010, 08:26 AM) *

I have a complete FI setup that I don't need- I am a fan of big cams, headers and big carbs. It is mounted to a 1974 1.8 car, but is the early style oil bath air filter. I don't know what the easiest way to ID fuel injection is, but I am removing everything nicely and keeping it all together in order to sell it. The only parts that appear to be missing are whatever mounts to the air intake side of the air cleaner and the bracket to mount the computer. I don't want it, so I would rather it go cheap to someone who will use it. $75 + shipping and it is yours. I even have an extra set of intake manifolds, injectors and hoses from a bus motor I bought in order to get a 2.0 crank and rods.

I can take a bunch of pictures if you want to see everything in detail.

Kevin

1.8 is probably L-jet. 72 1.7 would be a Djet. I have the plastic non oil bath air cleaner from a 73 1.7 if you need it.
70_914

[/quote]

1.8 is probably L-jet. 72 1.7 would be a Djet. I have the plastic non oil bath air cleaner from a 73 1.7 if you need it.
[/quote]

I have not run the case numbers, so I don't really know what engine is in the car. It has 4 bolt manifolds, so it is not a 2.0.... Other than that, who knows what went on in the last 36 years....

I will get a bunch of pictures today and post them, maybe the mystery will be solved.

Kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.