Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 steel roof replica pics from AA ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SirAndy
George asked me to re-post these pictures of the AA 916 steel roof replica they did a while back ...

Link to the original thread (now with updated pictures):
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=66687

aktion035.gif Andy

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GeorgeRud
Thanks for posting these! It's always fun to see what talented craftsmen can do!
ME733
.....I have a very nice, white, 86 caddy coupe deville ....want'a trade.? You will NOT have to kick in any cash to make this deal work..........Murray.
burton73
Factory 914-8

Click to view attachment

pray.gif

Sorry but I put this in the wrong place
EdwardBlume
So before I have to have one.. what are the benefits?
Root_Werks
QUOTE(RobW @ Aug 2 2010, 11:42 AM) *

So before I have to have one.. what are the benefits?

No more flex in the body....well, much, much less.
JRust
I like Root's 944 roof he used to accomplish this. Very clean & had a the much bigger 944 sunroof. I like taking off the roof but with that 944 one I drooley.gif over his car. Just wish I had the coin when he sold sad.gif
Rob-O
I wouldn't mind seeing some more thorough finished pics. For instance, how did they install the window top seal? Only thing I can think of is to drill small holes in the seal where the screws that hold the seal frame to the targa roof are. Buw what do I know, maybe some other way?
realred914
hey looky , the thing is rusting as it is being built (inner roof photo) I guess it is true, these 914 do rust fast!

nice looking top, really nice looking vanagon next to the 914. cool set up both are.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.