Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: look what is new here at Automobile Atlanta!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
octane stickers!

IPB Image

75 76 tire pressure stickers!!!

IPB Image

Either one 3 bucks each to club members!
Ferg
OMG Look what's new at 914world:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=4

A vendor forum, NO WAY poke.gif
tod914
George, are those 73 2.0 silver decals for above the relay board on the horizon? Just got one of your valve decals. Looks great.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 4 2010, 10:13 AM) *

George, are those 73 2.0 silver decals for above the relay board on the horizon? Just got one of your valve decals. Looks great.

yes as soon as I get a good example. I am going to fill in all of the stickers we currently do not have Tod. Have to get so many more made than I will ever sell so the price kills us, but at least someone has made a commitment to make them!
Tom_T
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 4 2010, 11:09 AM) *

QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 4 2010, 10:13 AM) *

yes as soon as I get a good example. I am going to fill in all of the stickers we currently do not have Tod. Have to get so many more made than I will ever sell so the price kills us, but at least someone has made a commitment to make them!

Yup - 73-74 2.0 165HR15 tire pressure stickers, 73 2.0 California Emissions sticker (you've only got the 74 2.0 one IIRC), etc., etc. - I'm waiting! drooley.gif popcorn[1].gif

... well at least I now won't have to try to tape off & preserve the original fuel sticker for the blast & repaint! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 4 2010, 08:17 AM) *

OMG Look what's new at 914world:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=4

A vendor forum, NO WAY poke.gif

Okay - I'm going to stand up for our vendors here posting availability notices in the Garage to save the rest of us a bunch of $$'s, time & grief!

Ferg - IMHO - it never hurts for the member vendors to post a heads-up for their new offerings & SALES/OFFERS, instead of forcing us MEMBERS in need of something to spend tons of time searching through the vendors' forum.

Come on - "rules is rules" is one thing if something is truly misplaced, but George/AA, Eric/PMB, Marl/Mikey914, BarberDave, etc., etc., post these "new offerings notices" here for the members' benefit (as well as to sell their stuff ultimately of course), so this should be perfectly acceptable here.

If the current rules don't specifically allow for this type of notice, then either go with the flow for the benefit of everyone else, or change the forum rules to allow for it!

Don't be such a Hard-A when this is clearly a benefit to the overall membership to have such posts here in the Garage (as well as their vendor forum posts)!! dry.gif

Thaqnx for doing these & posting a heads-up here George! smilie_pokal.gif
Ferg
Tom, I agree to a point, and I'm not trying be a hardass.

It just seems to me that AA uses the garage far more than any other vendor for advertisement. I don't feel it's fair to the other vendors who are using the vendor forum as it should be used IMO. If AA had a dedicated thread there, I'm sure stuff would be easy to find for anyone.

I wanna go on the record as saying I have nothing against George personally, I have never met him, I don't know him from Adam. If he was at a event, I would enjoy chatting 914's with him.

Ferg
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 4 2010, 02:10 PM) *

It just seems to me that AA uses the garage far more than any other vendor for advertisement. I don't feel it's fair to the other vendors who are using the vendor forum as it should be used IMO. If AA had a dedicated thread there, I'm sure stuff would be easy to find for anyone.

I wanna go on the record as saying I have nothing against George personally, I have never met him, I don't know him from Adam. If he was at a event, I would enjoy chatting 914's with him.

Ferg

Then I suggest that you give George a call & introduce yourself & have a chat with him. He actually loves hearing from 914 owners & encourages them to call for a chat once in awhile. In fact don't be surprised if you get scolded for not calling sooner as I did. George knew that I knew of him & had been a teener owner for 30+ years & had never talked to him before. Got my ass in trouble for that! I have talked to him a few times since & he genuinely appears pleased that I have called each time.

Now I agree it would be most helpful if he would start a thread in the member vendor forum but don't jump his ass because he posted he also. I have seen many a vendor post a new item here & have yet to see you jump their ass for doing so. Treat them all the same or keep quiet about it. Just my opinion.

Shoe

T
naro914
In many forums, paying advertisers have a right to post things anywhere they want. they ARE paying for that right....

and nobody is forcing you to read the threads anyway, so what's the harm??? I see it as a member benefit.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 4 2010, 12:10 PM) *

Ferg

Ferg, that may be because AA has more stuff than anyone else, but he also offered them for $3 to members - so it was also a "special". Other vendors could & IMHO should post basic heads-ups & specials here -- with a link to their particular vendor post for more info.

IIRC - Mark at 914Rubber/Mikey914 also posts his latest & greatest stuff here with advance notice offers too.

Point is - it never hurts to have an extra post to give us a heads-up &/or special offer/price in the garage (or even at O&H Pat G).

However, I do agree that perhaps they should then also post the link to their appropriate member vendor post itself when doing a heads-up here - so everything flows to the right place, as it were! That saves us all time & grief! biggrin.gif

Nuff said - I think we're probably close to being on the same page! smile.gif
Ferg
beerchug.gif to that Tom.

rick 918-S
I like reading the new product bulletins. It's kind of plants a seed in the memory banks.

BTW: I posted that Area51Werks is getting a Celette.

Actually Area51Werks is not really a business. It's a fictious place where strange things are supposed to have happened to cars... There was a rumor that there was an operating table available and somehow is finding it's way to a new secret location. assimilate.gif

Because "Who say's Aliens only abuct people?"

Sorry for the hi-jack or er... abduction alien.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 4 2010, 02:13 PM) *

beerchug.gif to that Tom.

Cheers! beerchug.gif back at ya!

I can't wait until mine is done & running to get it to WCR, Rte 66, etc & do 914-stuff with all y'all! dry.gif .... that's southern plural donchaknow!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I think that the member vendor section is really ignored as is the history section (ask Pat!!!!!!) The garage is where the action is and one cannot possible take time to visit all of the different areas to post. I would vote for one main section where anyone can post anything 914 related, especially news of new items.
As you probably know we have more new items for 914s everyday than anyone else in the regular world (which in the real world probably amounts to nothing, but I said it anyway!) so announcing those products that day and not letting them get buried in the little looked at member vendor section, does a dis service to members (I read all of the time members asking where to get stuff and there is clearly a vendor advertisement in the member vendor section, futher attesting to the fact that few look at that section!)
Again it is hard enough for anyone to just keep up with the action in the garage let alone all of the other areas!
I think that we have some very special vendors here who deserve a little extra bit of credit like (in no particular order!!!!!) jake mikey eric engman racer cris jeff bowlesby, craig, dave sprinkle, jonathan (did I miss anyone??) who all go beyond the call of duty to provide great 914 parts at reasonable prices for all of us to benefit from!
What do you think? Maybe a special day to honor our member vendors?

QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 4 2010, 01:10 PM) *

Ferg

ME733
.....well FERG.....Well Tom.....It,s just that George , AA is always excited about having something NEW for the 914 owners. I think his excitement is contagous and rightly so.....Heck we need the stuff....and we need to know about the NEW stuff especially...Personally I don't want to have to wait until a new catalog comes out to find out about it. Placing a posting -plants the seed to help us remember....FERG please work this out...TOM , you have a good point,(keep working on your southern drall)....Both of you are very good guys., have a beer and send me the bill.(one beer only please)....M.M.
Ferg
QUOTE(ME733 @ Mar 4 2010, 03:58 PM) *

.....well FERG.....Well Tom.....It,s just that George , AA is always excited about having something NEW for the 914 owners. I think his excitement is contagous and rightly so.....Heck we need the stuff....and we need to know about the NEW stuff especially...Personally I don't want to have to wait until a new catalog comes out to find out about it. Placing a posting -plants the seed to help us remember....FERG please work this out...TOM , you have a good point,(keep working on your southern drall)....Both of you are very good guys., have a beer and send me the bill.(one beer only please)....M.M.

Nothing to work out... I see no hard feelings between anyone?

I brought up one point of view, even used poke.gif to show that it was lighthearted.

Ferg smile.gif

Tom_T
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 4 2010, 02:55 PM) *

I think that the member vendor section is really ignored as is the history section (ask Pat!!!!!!) The garage is where the action is and one cannot possible take time to visit all of the different areas to post. I would vote for one main section where anyone can post anything 914 related, especially news of new items.
As you probably know we have more new items for 914s everyday than anyone else in the regular world (which in the real world probably amounts to nothing, but I said it anyway!) so announcing those products that day and not letting them get buried in the little looked at member vendor section, does a dis service to members (I read all of the time members asking where to get stuff and there is clearly a vendor advertisement in the member vendor section, futher attesting to the fact that few look at that section!)
Again it is hard enough for anyone to just keep up with the action in the garage let alone all of the other areas!
I think that we have some very special vendors here who deserve a little extra bit of credit like (in no particular order!!!!!) jake mikey eric engman racer cris jeff bowlesby, craig, dave sprinkle, jonathan (did I miss anyone??) who all go beyond the call of duty to provide great 914 parts at reasonable prices for all of us to benefit from!
What do you think? Maybe a special day to honor our member vendors?

QUOTE(Ferg @ Mar 4 2010, 01:10 PM) *

Ferg

agree.gif on all counts!
Tom_T
QUOTE(ME733 @ Mar 4 2010, 02:58 PM) *

Ferg - I think my ole bud Murray wants us to share one beer with 2 straws! beer.gif wub.gif .... what a sight that conjurs!

Murray - we're good! beerchug.gif

btw Murray - I just get back to Atlanta, NC or OK etc. for a few days & it comes back, then I get back "home" (where I live now) in CA & everyone teases me! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.