Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daddy can you stop playing with your 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
Love to spend time on my 914 but ya got to show love to the little ones. She's 3 years old and always wants to help daddy with the 914. The one under the cover is "hers" to work on. The one in the garage is daddy's. She's always asking can we go out and work on my car.
736conver
campbellcj
That's exactly what my son did to me the other night...I walked in the door after 13hrs at the office and he dragged me into the garage saying "Dada, let's do some work!" Cute, but the last thing I need most nights. wacko.gif
Bleyseng
Nah, ya gotta do it as they "Know this is the special thing they do with dad" so thats why they say it. Just like "lets throw the ball around" "lets play catch" you just do it no matter how tired you are as they want to spend time with you.
Remember, soon it will be no I don't want to do anything with you Dad. Or can I borrow the 914 again?
That's how my son got to like automechanics, by "helping"me. Start them off by teaching them the tools, what is socket, box end wrench and then have them hand it to you. Later on let them use them. Show them the steps to take something apart and explain why. Show them how to assemble stuff.
They will love you for this later as it teachs them how to think. Something they don't learn in school anymore. wink.gif

Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Mar 27 2004, 03:58 PM)
Something they don't learn in school anymore.

just make sure you teach 'em metric! wink.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Mar 27 2004, 05:59 PM)
just make sure you teach 'em metric! wink.gif

I hate fractions - which is why I love metric. Give me whole numbers anytime! I never have understood why the U.S. is so resistant to such an easy system. It so much easier with everything divisible by 10 and you don't have ounces for both wet and dry measurement. At least on my 914 there's nothing sized 3/16! smilie_flagge6.gif
morph
We have two sons, Nathan (5) and Benny (3). Nathan is always helping James work on his car, fetching and holding wrenches and other stuff, benny could care less. Here is a Pic of our oldest holding a friends baby.
morph
Here is a pic of Ben.

Hiedi
Bleyseng
Good to see your kids James!
Malmz
Safe to post this being that he doesn't look the same anymore... this guy is now 7 and this was when I was building the 914zx...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.