Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parade in Atlanta
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Please everyone register for this event right now. We need to show our 914 strength.
I want at least 20 914s there. Please don't embarrass me!

Dear Peachstate PCA Members,

Porsche Cars North America has invited you to drive your Porsche to the Governor's Mansion and parade down Peachtree Road all the way to the High Museum of Art on March 21 to kick off the opening day of the High Museum's new display "The Allure of the Automobile" where Porsche will be a featured marque.

In addition to participating in this unique, media-covered event, you will receive free tickets to view the new display at the high museum during a special museum tour at 11:15 AM. You'll also receive a commemorative sticker of the parade.

Please read the following invitation from Porsche Cars North America, and note that the parade is limited to the first 100 Porsches that are registered. We encourage both vintage and modern Porsches to parade. You can bring guests in your Porsche.

But register now, as these slots will go fast! See details below.

- Bill Ibsen, Peachstate Region PCA President

===================================================

On Sunday, March 21, Atlanta's highly renowned High Museum of Art will present "The Allure of the Automobile," an eagerly anticipated exhibition that will feature 18 of the rarest automobiles from the 1930s to the mid-1960s. Both the 1938/39 Porsche Type 64 and the 1953 Porsche 550 Le Mans/La Carrera Panamericana Hardtop Coupe will be included in the Exhibition, along with spectacular vehicles from Aston Martin, Bugatti, Duesenberg, Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari and other historic brands.

Porsche Cars North America (PCNA) is proud to help bring this historic event to the city of Atlanta as the Lead Corporate Sponsor, especially since Atlanta is our home. Just as significantly, 2010 is the 60-year anniversary of when Porsche first began to sell cars in the U.S., and the exhibition itself will mark a very rare trip outside of Germany of the "Grandfather" of all Porsches, the 1938/39 Type 64.

Clearly, with all these incredible happenings, now is time for Porsche fans, PCA members and employees to show Atlanta how to throw a Parade! And that's exactly what we plan to do.

We are inviting you -- as a Porsche fan or local PCA member -- to join us on Sunday morning, March 21st to drive your coveted Porsche in a parade that will make its way through the city to the High Museum of Art where you will be the first to see the Exhibition, including a sneak peek at Porsche's most revered Type 64.

Here are the facts of what's planned:

LOCATION: The Governor's Mansion at 391 E Paces Ferry Road NE

TIME: 8:00 - 9:15 a.m. Car Registration

START TIME: 9:45 a.m.

WELCOME AT THE MUSEUM: 11:00 a.m.

MUSEUM TOUR: 11:15 a.m. - 12:00 noon

If you plan to participate, and we hope you do, please RSVP through our agency at porsche@thereynoldsgroupinc.com or by calling: 404.941.2248. Please be prepared to give us your name, the name of any guest you plan to ride with, your full contact information, including phone numbers and email, your affiliation, and your Porsche car. Please RSVP before March 17, and remember we are limiting the number of Porsches to 100.

We are glad to invite you to take part in this exciting endeavor, and we are looking forward to a remarkable opening day.

Warmest regards,

Tony Fouladpour

Business Communications Manager, PCNA

This email was sent to My Region Members by Leslie Mitcheltree and the National Porsche Club of America, Inc. You may opt-out of receiving emails from PCA National by updating your PCA membership record at our web site. Read the PCA privacy policy.
© Copyright 2010 Porsche Club of America Inc. All rights reserved.
hot_shoe914
I'd love to George but unfortunately of the three I own only two are running & none of them are pretty enough to parade the govenorls mansion. Mine would only be an embarrassment.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 4 2010, 03:39 PM) *

I'd love to George but unfortunately of the three I own only two are running & none of them are pretty enough to parade the govenorls mansion. Mine would only be an embarrassment.

Well then you can come buy and borrow one of our many, and drive that one! We need 914 participation in this one! Lets show them what we are worth! This is a Porsche factory hosted event and we need to show them that the 914 is the best and most popular Porsche in Atlanta!
JFJ914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 4 2010, 05:43 PM) *

Well then you can come buy and borrow one of our many, and drive that one! We need 914 participation in this one! Lets show them what we are worth! This is a Porsche factory hosted event and we need to show them that the 914 is the best and most popular Porsche in Atlanta!

Ok, mines on jackstands, so which one can I borrow? The 916? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes I will go that far if you volunteer to help get it running and show me your insurance certificate to cover 485,000 in case something happens to it. You may drive it John!!!!!

QUOTE(John Jentz @ Mar 4 2010, 03:49 PM) *

Ok, mines on jackstands, so which one can I borrow? The 916? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

JFJ914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 4 2010, 05:57 PM) *

yes I will go that far if you volunteer to help get it running and show me your insurance certificate to cover 485,000 in case something happens to it. You may drive it John!!!!!
Hmmmmmmm, I wonder if Haggerty will write a one day policy???????????
Oh, no problem, I'd be glad to help get it running
. driving.gif

QUOTE(John Jentz @ Mar 4 2010, 03:49 PM) *

!

Andyrew
Hell if I was in the area' I'd rep one of your cars! You Atlanta guys should jump on this!! Chance to drive a prime example!

Good luck George.

BTW how many do you have in your fleet?
Al Meredith
George, I tryed to get on the "Reynolds" web site to register and Porsche was not listed as one of their clients. I'll call the phone number tomorrow. Al
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 4 2010, 04:43 PM) *

Sounds like a good plan George. I will contact you on this matter tomorrow. It would be a pleasure to represent the 914 community in one of your pristine cars. pray.gif

Shoe
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Mar 4 2010, 05:09 PM) *

Hell if I was in the area' I'd rep one of your cars! You Atlanta guys should jump on this!! Chance to drive a prime example!

Good luck George.

BTW how many do you have in your fleet?

We have 20 914s available that drive, and about 20 more assorted boxsters 944s 911 and 356 models
Andyrew
Impressive!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
woops I think that now the event is fully booked! That was fast.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 4 2010, 08:12 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 4 2010, 04:43 PM) *

Sounds like a good plan George. I will contact you on this matter tomorrow. It would be a pleasure to represent the 914 community in one of your pristine cars. pray.gif

Shoe

Cool deal Donald and George.. represent! smilie_pokal.gif
Al Meredith
Last night I had the wrong web site. This morning I called the PR agency handeling the PCA event and they are booked already! The PR lady said the Governor's Mansion driveway will only hold 100 cars. I guess we can still "tag along"
hwgunner
Wish i could be there even though mine is not done yet!
sharper
That sounds like fun; too bad I missed out. There is plenty of room for more than 100 cars on the lawn of the Governor's mansion.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Mar 5 2010, 02:43 PM) *

Last night I had the wrong web site. This morning I called the PR agency handeling the PCA event and they are booked already! The PR lady said the Governor's Mansion driveway will only hold 100 cars. I guess we can still "tag along"

I think Al has it right. Tag along. How will they stop us? We could be at the end of the parade and all meet somewhere and tag along.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.