Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 6 Cyl '77-'83 911 sc 3.0 Air Box Only
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jeffs9146
**************I found one!!*************************

No need anymore, thanks to all!

As stated in the title, I am looking for an air box for an injected 3.0 sc motor to try to rotate the injection on my 3.0 and fit it into my 914 without cutting the car!

If this works it could be a prototype for others who want to install an injected 3.0 into a 914 and dont like the idea of chopping it up!

The item I need is #9 in this photo:
ahdoman
You might check with Cap'n Krusty. He's got a shop with lots of old parts laying around. He may even have one that's been blow apart under backfire if you're going to cut it up. Possibly Slits (Ron) also.
rfuerst911sc
I have one that is clean and does not have a pop-off valve. Came with some parts I picked up. Asking $50.00 plus shipping. I'm pretty sure it is for a small port but not 100% sure. I could measure the OD of the nipples on the air box if you're interested.
Jeffs9146
I bought one today at Parts Heaven for $40 and I am planning on cutting it up for parts so even that was pricey.

The port size doesnt matter, because I am not using that part of it, so even an earlier one will work but again I am looking for cheap stuff to cut up and see if this can be done!

PS: I can use any pieces that people have, the more pieces I have the less good boxes I will have to distroy to try and make this work!

So: I still need another one!!
Jeffs9146
Bump!! drunk.gif

I have one that is clean and does not have a pop-off valve. Came with some parts I picked up. Asking $50.00 plus shipping. I'm pretty sure it is for a small port but not 100% sure. I could measure the OD of the nipples on the air box if you're interested.

Does that include shipping?
bfrymire
Jeff,

I am local and have one. What do you need to do? If you don't destroy it, I may be able to loan one to you.

-- brett
Jeffs9146
I am local and have one. What do you need to do? If you don't destroy it, I may be able to loan one to you.

Thanks for the offer but I am going to distroy it!! smash.gif

rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 10 2010, 02:05 PM) *

Bump!! drunk.gif

Does that include shipping?

I was asking $50.00 plus shipping. My guess is USPS can deliver this for around $10.00-12.00. Having said that $55.00 and it's yours. I don't do paypal so payment would be by check. Let me know if interested. Thanks
Jeffs9146
I was asking $50.00 plus shipping. My guess is USPS can deliver this for around $10.00-12.00. Having said that $55.00 and it's yours. I don't do paypal so payment would be by check. Let me know if interested. Thanks

After doing some more research I have found out that I need the one that has the metal inside the distrabution ports. The air filter box can be damaged! If yours does I will take it!
rfuerst911sc
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Mar 17 2010, 12:12 PM) *

After doing some more research I have found out that I need the one that has the metal inside the distrabution ports. The air filter box can be damaged! If yours does I will take it!

I see no metal in the distribution ports. Just looks like the material that the box is made from.
Jeffs9146
Thanks I don't think it is going to work!

I will try to post a photo of what I am looking for this week!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.