Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 8.30am in Texas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Finally!!!
Spring time weather. It's finish painting day. I've been trying to get the color on since Christmas. I think Wayne's heading to Wes's place right now to do his 5 lug conversion.

What about U? smash.gif
snakemain
In Oklahoma waiting on my engine to arrive. It should be here shortly!
tat2dphreak
well, some of my parts didn't show yet, so I'll be doing the oil cooler first... heading there in just a few minutes, after breakfast.
SGB
Taxes this morning. Bike ride after that. Afternoon with my kids (one home from college for auto service) and parents. Tonight I'll be working on the vanos in Alex's car.

I don't think there is a slot open for a drive, though...
rick 918-S
Shoveled out the trailer. Changing all the lights and wiring today. Checking the wheel bearings getting ready to leave for the gold coast Tuesday or Wednesday! I had to come in and thaw my hands. Boy took my gloves....
jt914-6
Going to meet up with a fellow teener, pcar916, and take a drive, come back and fix my turn signals, watch the Rolex series later/drink beer... beerchug.gif
Tomorrow go to an autocross.......

Click to view attachment
sww914
Planning to install a beetle engine and then finish fitting a Sheridan body on my caged black car.
PanelBilly
Waiting for my daughter to come over for breakfast. Then into the shop to install the new rubber squeeies in my doors and get the glass aligned
zymurgist
Found a local source for 20 pound CO2 tanks. This is important. beerchug.gif

Heading over to ABC for lunch... they should have St. Patty's Day food specials, and it's time for my free seasonal of the month. This is also important. beer3.gif

Leaving the tail dragger in the garage, though... there is still a lot of salt on the roads, and the snowmelt creates inconvenient puddles.
quikshft
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 6 2010, 06:42 AM) *

Finally!!!
Spring time weather. It's finish painting day. I've been trying to get the color on since Christmas. I think Wayne's heading to Wes's place right now to do his 5 lug conversion.

What about U? smash.gif

New here guys and will say this is site is a great resource. I don't yet own a 914 but am planning a build and am most interested in a Subaru swap utilizing a Subaru 5speed converted to 'transaxle'. (ya I read the whole thread) I need a new daily driver and the Subaru/914 hybrid makes good sense. Currently driving a '98 Neon ACR Coupe and when I turned 50 I thought I should maybe graduate from front drive.
So without a 914 to put some time into I will default to my long-term project which is a '70 Dodge Superbee restoration, specifically the repair of cracked grill inserts. I love building cars. welder.gif

IPB Image
zymurgist
welcome.png

Nice Superbee! thumb3d.gif

I drove a '98 Neon R/T for over 400,000 miles. The guy I sold it to put it on allpar.com and it was a car of the month. Figures... after I sold it. laugh.gif
quikshft
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Mar 6 2010, 10:29 AM) *

welcome.png

Nice Superbee! thumb3d.gif

I drove a '98 Neon R/T for over 400,000 miles. The guy I sold it to put it on allpar.com and it was a car of the month. Figures... after I sold it. laugh.gif

Thankyou for the welcome, and ya that's how it goes for me most times too. Anything I sell is worthless till after it's gone and someone else has it. smash.gif
jpnovak
I took my 4YO son for a drive in the SWT. Perfect day for top out driving.

I also finish welded the AWD to 2WD conversion parts for my Suby transmission installation. [b]
Ian Stott
Worked today, rocker panel covers are done, won't put them back on til I get the longs blasted primed and painted, can't do that til all salt is gone from the roads which will be a while yet as we had a good storm this week. Got shiney nuts, screws etc. anticipating the reassemble. Rims and tires are all ready to go back on.
ON THE BAD NEWS SIDE!! My snowblower died yesterday while doing the driveway, I live in the snowbelt, not having a snowblower is just not an option, so another diversion for hard earned teener funds! Wonder if Jake can fix my snowblower, it's aircooled!

Gonna order the keep your trunk up pistons from Camp 914 when they open on Monday. There is nothing I need to be roadworthy (lots of wants) so first nice day after the salt is gone away we go for a drive!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Mar 6 2010, 08:42 AM) *

Finally!!!

What about U? smash.gif

I was supposed to do something today? WTF.gif confused24.gif

I did talk to my mom on the phone for 2 hours. About to go out and change the oil on my truck and then work on a couple of my teeners. Might go to the AutoX in Little Rock tomorrow and spectate.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Mar 6 2010, 03:52 PM) *

ON THE BAD NEWS SIDE!! My snowblower died yesterday while doing the driveway, I live in the snowbelt, not having a snowblower is just not an option, so another diversion for hard earned teener funds! Wonder if Jake can fix my snowblower, it's aircooled!

I think you need one of these.

IPB Image
tat2dphreak
oil cooler is now installed, car barely got to the 180 mark on the oil temp now biggrin.gif

I need to do another valve adjustment tho. I'll probably drive it over to Wes' for that tomorrow.
snakemain
Successfully received:

1 Raby 2316-210
1 Tangerine header
4 Centerline 8.5x15 4 lug wheels
a multitude of accessories

Click to view attachment
bandjoey
The problem with wife and kids...they get in front of the dumb car stuff...but I did get a lot done.
Surprise..we're supposed to go to the school book fair today daddy...went
Oh daddy, the library books are past due and we need to turn them in..went
I told you 2 weeks ago we're supposed to to the the tiger rescue farm today...went
Finally got back into the garage, and finished the undercoat sanding and then got the rest of the car papered/plastic and taped off. Ready for some color!
Daddy, my computer doesn't work. Oh I lost the wireless usb stick at school. Can we go get one. I need to do homework..went
Oh come on, let's all go to Dairy Queen for a burger! U guess the answer to that one..went

Yep it was fun and remember Scarlet, there's always a tomorrow for painting. happy11.gif
tat2dphreak
I've had days like that man.

you get everything in your head, and you are jazzed up, then everything else comes up smile.gif

the auto-x school is next sunday, right. if I can get away from those things, I'll come over and help you out
hot_shoe914
I started the RallyX car. I started and drove the Bumble Bee. Then I took the orange teener out for a drive through the twisties. Now, thanks to Bill's last post, I am about to take the Bee down to the local TCBY! driving.gif
tat2dphreak
TCBY != DQ

if you don't believe, ask for a dilly bar... they will look at you like you have 3 eyes.
bandjoey
The last thing mechanically is a red battery cap on the +, a helmet sock, and push rod seals.

I'm should get all the color done tomorrow - one fender and door and the between the tail light area. Then Monday / Tue night do seals. If it leaks after that, I'll be driving the Hyundai in the AX. Did you get a helmet? I'm going to use the loaner first..them things cost as much as several 914 parts.
tat2dphreak
since the engine is still in break-in, I'm not going to run it. I'll hit one later, tho
zymurgist
AX class? Sounds cool. I have motorcycle school in 2 weeks.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Mar 6 2010, 08:57 PM) *

since the engine is still in break-in, I'm not going to run it. I'll hit one later, tho

The best way to break it in is to drive it like it is going to be driven. Now get out there & autoX that car!
gopack
I installed the exhaust and got all the pieces in boxes for the trip to Duluth (Area 51 Works) for te first leg of the journy my teener is taking to NORCAL. then I got it on the UHaul trailer, for an early departure! By the end of the week it will be at Original Customs! Thanks RIck (RICK 918-S) and Mark (McMark)!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.