Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Festival of Speed Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
Went with my dad to the California Festival of Speed today. There weren't a ton of 914s, but a lot of Porsche fun, and for the cheap price of $10 to park. We were free to roam the infield, peek at cars in the garages, etc. A great time. Here's a small sampling of pictures (using dialup, so I can't upload a ton at this point) I took.

-Tony

1st picture: The first time I've seen a Carerra GT. Looks pretty nice and it accelerates FAST! Coming out of the corner into the straightaway it took off like a rocket.
TonyAKAVW
werywy
TonyAKAVW
dfafsd
TonyAKAVW
Yes, this is an actual Jaguar XJ220! The engine had a huge "XJ220" inscribed on the valve covers, or intake or whatever it was.
TonyAKAVW
BIG brakes on the Carerra GT
TonyAKAVW
jkp
serge914
That Jag is georgious
TonyAKAVW
njio
TonyAKAVW
Thats right, a 914 leading a Carerra GT. It does seem like a bit of a strange angle to be coming out of a turn, though it might just be the angle.
TonyAKAVW
lk;l'
TonyAKAVW
Tail dragger catching some air, or maybe just the shoulder.
TonyAKAVW
vxczxc
bernbomb914
heres a few more 914s
bernbomb914
xx
bernbomb914
zz
bernbomb914
xx
bernbomb914
xx
bernbomb914
xx
bernbomb914
this was the fastest in 1st pratice 2.8L 6
bernbomb914
xx
bernbomb914
The black #58 was the fastestin the 6 lap race
bernbomb914
aa
bernbomb914
This started life as a 914
bernbomb914
can you believe it
bernbomb914
I took a lot more pics but they were of exotic GT3s several that just came from Sebring with all the dirt.
Very expensive Racing. The swap meet was not very extensive. Had a Great time for a Sat morning

Bernie
rick 918-S
QUOTE(TonyAKAVW @ Mar 27 2004, 06:28 PM)
werywy

I like this color! Coool! wub.gif (thei 914 in the 2nd post.... wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.