Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm Not Wired!!!! Help!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ken Black
headbang.gif I am in the finishing stages of my 74 Project and have ran into a wiring problem.
When I turn on the right turn signal or my warning flashers the turn signal flasher unit starts buzzing
and with the key off if I turn my right turn signal on the right rear tail lights come on.
I have checked everything I can think of and have no luck.
Hope somebody out there can shed some light.
Thanks
Ken
Brad Roberts
Hey Ken clap56.gif

Welcome to the "club" I dont have time to go over the wiring schematics right now, but i can draw some attention to your post and *maybe* somebody can help you. If I had to guess I would say that you have something wired incorrectly in the tailight area or the license plate lights.

B
Ken Black
After checking my the turn signal pins, I found I had a short in my switch.
I pull the switch out and it tested out fine, then I noticed that the red coating on top of the wiper switch that mates up to the bottom of the turn signal switch was scratched and showing metal.
I insulated the area between the switches and my grounding out problem was gone and my turn signals work fine.
Rusty
Nice diagnosis and fix. Not sure I would have caught that. Wiring always seems to mystify me. blink.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.