Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT Sensor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I need to remove my cylinder head temp sensor. What size is it. I know about sacrificing a socket or extension, too. I just wanted to know the hex size. Thx
Krieger
I used a 1/2" deep that I ground a hole in for the wire. Worked great.
kkid
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 7 2010, 08:32 PM) *

I need to remove my cylinder head temp sensor. What size is it. I know about sacrificing a socket or extension, too. I just wanted to know the hex size. Thx

13mm deep socket

Good luck!

underthetire
It also might help getting it out if you warm up the engine first. Mine was a bi*ch to get out.
76-914
Thanks Guy's, I can't wait to install the new cht stand-off spacer that Mr Banders has suggested.
pbanders
FWIW, I don't tighten them too much when I install them. No torque level, just by feel. Remember my little tip about keeping the copper washer from falling off during install - use a small drop of superglue to hold it on.

Let us know how the spacer works out for you. The difference with my car was huge. Went from being a PITA for the first 15 minutes of driving to being a pussycat. Hard to understand why the didn't either install one of these on every 2.0L, or why they didn't fix the CHT's characteristic for the 2.0L in the first place.
76-914
QUOTE(pbanders @ Mar 8 2010, 08:41 AM) *

FWIW, I don't tighten them too much when I install them. No torque level, just by feel. Remember my little tip about keeping the copper washer from falling off during install - use a small drop of superglue to hold it on.

Let us know how the spacer works out for you. The difference with my car was huge. Went from being a PITA for the first 15 minutes of driving to being a pussycat. Hard to understand why the didn't either install one of these on every 2.0L, or why they didn't fix the CHT's characteristic for the 2.0L in the first place.

piratenanner.gif Well it's installed. I removed the instake tubes to make life a little easier. Unlike most 2.0's, my sensor came out w/ very little effort. And BTW, thanks for the tool mod tip, Ceasar. He's one of the guy's that makes the monthly run with us (TMDP). He had suggested grinding off the corner of a 3/8" extension rather than cutting up a socket. It works and if your temp sensor is stuck you won't be working w/ a weakened socket.
Oh yea; how does it work? Greatttttttttt! It's the best thing since pockets on a shirt. I started it (stone cold) and let it idle for 20 min's. and never noticed the AAR shift thru either stage. Another great tip from you. Thanks again for your tireless efforts, Brad. It's like another car. smilie_pokal.gif
pbanders
Glad to hear it worked for you, too. I have done the same thing with an extension, too. IMO, it works even better than my slotted deep socket.

Don't thank me, thank Brad Mayeur for providing a source for these spacers! I made my own, but his are a bit taller than the OEM spacer dimension and worked even better.
76-914
QUOTE(pbanders @ Mar 8 2010, 01:07 PM) *

Glad to hear it worked for you, too. I have done the same thing with an extension, too. IMO, it works even better than my slotted deep socket.

Don't thank me, thank Brad Mayeur for providing a source for these spacers! I made my own, but his are a bit taller than the OEM spacer dimension and worked even better.

Brad is a heck of a nice fella. When I returned to CA my part was waiting on me. I sent him a check just as fast, too! I can definately recommend Brad Mayeur and his extension to all of our memebers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.