Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cutting up a 74 in Ohio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Gigamight
I have to get my parts car out of the garage it's in, so I am cutting it up into little tiny pieces. I am trying to salvage any parts that seem usable, but I won't keep most of it. I have started already in the back and I'm moving forward.

The floors are trash, the longs are swiss cheese, and I am keeping the tunnel/firewall. There are some areas that have been surprisingly rust free, but they are few and far between.

I prefer to not ship the big stuff, so if you need something and are within driving distance to 44203 in Ohio, please make the trip.

Wheels are gone
Engine burned
most of interior pieces got singed, but a lot made it through pretty good.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Any Console or console Parts ? Let me know . Dave slap.gif
badseed74
right rear suspension console?
Gigamight
QUOTE(BarberDave @ Mar 9 2010, 01:19 PM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Any Console or console Parts ? Let me know . Dave slap.gif

I have 2 complete consoles and parts from a third, but I am waiting til I have something to test them out on before I part with anything. Don't worry, I'll keep you in mind.
Gigamight
QUOTE(badseed74 @ Mar 9 2010, 06:20 PM) *

right rear suspension console?

I am guessing mine is worse than anything you might have, but I'm not sure yet. Almost the whole car is cut up, but those are still attached because I couldn't get any nuts loose today. I'll let you know when I know more.
bag5rcg
Would you consider the door sills??? (on the chassis...Not the door itself)...I am talking about from the top of the front of the door ( above where the door hinges mount)all the way around to the top of the back of the door (to above where the latch plate is)...I bought a roller that looks like it sat in a puddle of water for 20 years...Lemme know...I will pay for shipping to Atl Ga smile.gif
Gigamight
QUOTE(bag5rcg @ Mar 9 2010, 10:51 PM) *

Would you consider the door sills??? (on the chassis...Not the door itself)...I am talking about from the top of the front of the door ( above where the door hinges mount)all the way around to the top of the back of the door (to above where the latch plate is)...I bought a roller that looks like it sat in a puddle of water for 20 years...Lemme know...I will pay for shipping to Atl Ga smile.gif

Sorry, the door sills got cut up. I don't know if they can be put back together again. I saved some bits n pieces that I will take some pictures of and see if its anything anyone can use. I have the door latch side up to the sail, and the door hinge area is still intact, but the actual sills are in many smaller parts now.
Als914
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Mar 8 2010, 05:59 PM) *

I have to get my parts car out of the garage it's in, so I am cutting it up into little tiny pieces. I am trying to salvage any parts that seem usable, but I won't keep most of it. I have started already in the back and I'm moving forward.

The floors are trash, the longs are swiss cheese, and I am keeping the tunnel/firewall. There are some areas that have been surprisingly rust free, but they are few and far between.

I prefer to not ship the big stuff, so if you need something and are within driving distance to 44203 in Ohio, please make the trip.

Wheels are gone
Engine burned

DO you have the dash gauge cluster? How much? Shipping is $15 USPS flat rate.
Jacob
How is the front end?
Mine is rusted where the front bumper mounts to the body.
Any pics?
midlandgarden

Wheels are gone
Engine burned

midlandgarden
[quote name='midlandgarden' date='Mar 11 2010, 05:03 PM' post='1285776']
[quote name='Gigamight' post='1284194' date='Mar 8 2010, 05:59 PM']

Wheels are gone
Engine burned
[/quote
[/quote]
how about a absolute manifold sensor part # 039906051
Gigamight
Jacob

I will check on the front bumper area, I started cutting around there to salvage the headlight buckets, but haven't finished yet, I'll take some pics and get them to you asap.

Als914

I have 3 sets of dash gauges, haven't tested a single one yet because my project car is nowhere near done. I suppose I could sell a set, I have no idea what they go for though. I'm not a parts seller, just trying to get some stuff out of my garage before they come and foreclose on the house. I do have plenty of extra parts though, so I am willing to help people out.

midlandgarden:

Can you post or PM a pic of what it looks like, I have boxes and boxes of parts, please don't make me look at every part number.

-----ALL-----
I am sorry for combining all into one post, but I am heading out to school in a few minutes and I will be on campus all weekend. I also have a paper due on Saturday that I haven't written a single word for headbang.gif , so please don't expect me to get to any of this until after Monday. Sorry for any inconvenience.
surfbus66
PM SENT
Seventy2

Wheels are gone
Engine burned

Is the trans in good shape? I'm hoping to upgrade my worn out tail shifter to a side shift, so I would need the shift linkage also if that's available.
914Sixer
Looking for drivers lower door jamb, just found out mine is Swiss cheese.
ghuff
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=97015

I need a complete set of rear fenders, both sides. All the way from the passenger compartment where they join the structure to the rear taillight sad.gif

My car has been butchered by an idiot.

I would drive from MD to Ohio if they were there and in proper shape.
jmill
You said you were salvaging the headlight buckets. Is that to sell or keep? I need the drivers side bucket without rust in the seal channel area.
amphiduck
Still have a door stay left?
Gigamight
QUOTE(Seventy2 @ Mar 19 2010, 10:05 AM) *

Wheels are gone
Engine burned

Is the trans in good shape? I'm hoping to upgrade my worn out tail shifter to a side shift, so I would need the shift linkage also if that's available.

I have 2 side shifts with the whole setup (I think) but both are untested. The POs said they were in great shape, but I think we all know what that can mean.

If you are close, we can set up a time for you to come by and check em out.
Gigamight
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Mar 20 2010, 03:29 PM) *

Looking for drivers lower door jamb, just found out mine is Swiss cheese.

I think mine is in good shape. I also have an AA door jamb piece that was never installed.
Gigamight
QUOTE(ghuff @ Mar 20 2010, 03:45 PM) *

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=97015

I need a complete set of rear fenders, both sides. All the way from the passenger compartment where they join the structure to the rear taillight sad.gif

My car has been butchered by an idiot.

I would drive from MD to Ohio if they were there and in proper shape.

I have 1 good rear fender (pass. side) The drivers side fender was the only piece that sold when I put an ad up on CL. I will be taking pics o what is left and you can judge for yourself if you want it.
Gigamight
QUOTE(jmill @ Mar 20 2010, 04:18 PM) *

You said you were salvaging the headlight buckets. Is that to sell or keep? I need the drivers side bucket without rust in the seal channel area.

Headlight buckets are to sell. bucket is good, didn't look close at the seal channel, I'll take a look.
Gigamight
QUOTE(amphiduck @ Mar 20 2010, 11:30 PM) *

Still have a door stay left?

I have 1 good door stay from this car, and I need it for my project (can anyone tell me if I can fab up the door stay from the pass. side to work on the drivers side?). However, I have 2 doors from another car that seem to be in "perfect" shape. I hadn't decided yet if I was going to part out those doors, but I think I may. I'll let you know once I look at them closer.
Gigamight
I want to remind everyone that I really don't have time to ship everything from this thing. I will ship some stuff if you really need me to, but here is the deal: I am not trying to get rich on this part out, I just wanted to help out those in need (rather this thing lived on in some other cars than at the top of a scrap heap). I will be honest though, if I have to ship, I will ask something close to going rate. If you come pick up, you get a good deal because you are helping me out too by getting it out of the garage that is being foreclosed on.

I hope this sounds reasonable. I don't want to come off like a prick. Please understand.
sled9146
Looking for rear alignment shims
jmill
QUOTE(Gigamight @ Mar 22 2010, 10:50 AM) *

Headlight buckets are to sell. bucket is good, didn't look close at the seal channel, I'll take a look.

If it's fairly rust free I'll take it. I understand the whole shipping thing. I'll pay the "going rate" plus shipping for a clean one. Added a pic just to be sure we're talking about the same thing. PO welded in a late style bucket. I need the deeper one.

Gigamight
QUOTE(sled9146 @ Mar 22 2010, 11:34 AM) *

Looking for rear alignment shims

No problem on those... as soon as I can get the friggin bolts loose. Things are acting like they're welded in. I'll PM you when they're out.
Gigamight
QUOTE(jmill @ Mar 22 2010, 11:50 AM) *

QUOTE(Gigamight @ Mar 22 2010, 10:50 AM) *

If it's fairly rust free I'll take it. I understand the whole shipping thing. I'll pay the "going rate" plus shipping for a clean one. Added a pic just to be sure we're talking about the same thing. PO welded in a late style bucket. I need the deeper one.

Thanks for the pic, it helps. I should be going over to check on it in about an hour. I'll let you know what I find.
jmill
Any word on this?
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

I am still interested in the consoles and console parts,if reasonable enought I could

drive over to Akron and pick up let me know price shipprd and pick up. Need

pictures! Dave slap.gif
cary
Are you done ? If not I need the front trunk seal track that goes between the headlights.
FlatIV
Do you have a straight driver side door?

Thanks

Andrew
TSmith6179
do you still have the fuel tank, and is it too big for you to ship? also, will it fit in a 75?
cstone12
Hi, I'm in Cleveland and recently found out I need the DRIVER side rear suspension ear and surrounding metal. If yours isn't rusted let me know and I'll find a good time to drive down.
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.