Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mechanic needed in Dallas, TX
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WoodOne337
Hello, all,

I am looking for an individual or shop to install a front and rear suspension on a 74. I have the front inserts, rear shocks (Bilstein), Weltmeister 100# springs, and new front upper strut mounts.

The prices quoted from one of the local shops seem to be overpriced. I would really like to find an experienced 914 individual that would like to make some money.

Clay helped me out a couple years ago installing a suspension on my 76. I couldn't get him to take any money, so I felt bad and don't want to impose on him again.

If anyone can help or knows someone that can, please give them my email. I am ready now, but can wait a couple weeks if needed.

Woodone337@gmail.com

Thanks, Scott

hot_shoe914
QUOTE(WoodOne337 @ Mar 8 2010, 10:19 PM) *

Hello, all,

I am looking for an individual or shop to install a front and rear suspension on a 74. I have the front inserts, rear shocks (Bilstein), Weltmeister 100# springs, and new front upper strut mounts.

The prices quoted from one of the local shops seem to be overpriced. I would really like to find an experienced 914 individual that would like to make some money.

Clay helped me out a couple years ago installing a suspension on my 76. I couldn't get him to take any money, so I felt bad and don't want to impose on him again.

If anyone can help or knows someone that can, please give them my email. I am ready now, but can wait a couple weeks if needed.

Woodone337@gmail.com

Thanks, Scott

I recommend doing it yourself. I had never done it before but just finished doing front and rear. Might want to get a shop to compress your springs for you but other than that it is less than an hour for front and about the same for the rear. If I can do it, any trunk monkey can!

Shoe

p.s. You could probably get tat2dphreak (Wayne) or bandjoey (Bill) but I doubt either of them will take money either. Just buy them beer, they like that better anyway.
tat2dphreak
there's really only 1 guy I'd take any 914 to... Wes in Plano. he rebuilt my engine last year, and now it runs like a champ. he's been working on porsches, VWs and specifically 914s for over 40 years. and he won't charge you through the nose...

PM me if you need his number or address

that said.. the jobs you mentioned are easy, and I'd be glad to help you. I did the same jobs myself. shocks and struts on all 4 wheels is barely an afternoon.

WoodOne337
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Mar 8 2010, 10:42 PM) *

there's really only 1 guy I'd take any 914 to... Wes in Plano. he rebuilt my engine last year, and now it runs like a champ. he's been working on porsches, VWs and specifically 914s for over 40 years. and he won't charge you through the nose...

PM me if you need his number or address

that said.. the jobs you mentioned are easy, and I'd be glad to help you. I did the same jobs myself. shocks and struts on all 4 wheels is barely an afternoon.

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think I could try it myself, I still have a 67 Bug in the garage that I took apart and can't get back together sad.gif

I will give Wes a call in the morning.

Scott
tat2dphreak
ok, PM sent with Wes' info smile.gif
bandjoey
Do the rears in the driveway one Saturday afternoon. 2 hours and build confidence. No special tools or experience needed. Don't need spring compressor either. Easy job. If it's not a have to now give us a couple weeks and some will come over to supervise and eat your food. welcome.png
Dr Evil
What about that short guy, Clay, in DFW??
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Mar 8 2010, 11:37 PM) *

What about that short guy, Clay, in DFW??

The Ninja Trunk Monkey is rather busy right now...

AX School on Sun... Work... Tuning the MFI on my six... building the motor for Betty's 914.....

And you shouldn't feel guilty... I love doing this stuff.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.